Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anna

Are These Boys Or Girls

Guest Anna

Here are pictures of Asta and Albert I am not sure whether they are boys or girls. Does anybody have any ideas???

Asta

PB100420_450x336.jpg

Albert

PB100419_450x336.jpg

Guest ridley

hi i would say you have named them right! :hap: Asta-girl Albert-boy But its always hard to tell from pictures.Also Hens genrally bite harder and Cocks are calmer in nature Hope this helps. :hap:

on my monitor they both look like boys but the top one is it more tan or pink that is what I am trying to tell.

They both look like boys to me as well.

on my monitor it looks like two boy's .

I would say two males too :)

Guest Anna

Thanks everyone for your help ;) How come their ceres can look so different yet be the same sex? Asta the top bird is a more pinky/tan colour. No doubt I will know for sure in the coming months.

Sometimes it's the budgies, sometimes it's our cameras and sometimes it's our monitors ;)

Thanks everyone for your help ;) How come their ceres can look so different yet be the same sex? Asta the top bird is a more pinky/tan colour. No doubt I will know for sure in the coming months.

Kaz is right but I see what you mean it does look more flat and pinky tan then the other one. But it doesn't have any whitish so that is why I was leaning toward boy but I did ask in my post if it was more tan.

Try for another shot of the top one and post again ;). If you put them in natural light with no flash it really helps with the picture :ausb:

Guest Anna
Kaz is right but I see what you mean it does look more flat and pinky tan then the other one. But it doesn't have any whitish so that is why I was leaning toward boy but I did ask in my post if it was more tan.

Try for another shot of the top one and post again . If you put them in natural light with no flash it really helps with the picture

Here is another shot of Asta this is the best I could do, it gives a true representation of cere colour :D

Asta

PB130463_450x336.jpg

I can tell you one thing for sure!

They are beautiful birds, I just love their soft coloring.

Thanks Budgie_Addict I think so to :P

it looks that tan in the picture or is that the shadow because that picture shows more female but the top looks more boy.

Guest Anna

Yes Asta's cere looks tan now and iris rings are starting to appear. I will post some more photos over the weekend :)

since you mention that Asta cere is tan l would say female .