Weird Chirping Noise

Guest Kristina

Guest Kristina

When I put my hand into Moons cage she emits this very quiet chirping noise. Its very short and quiet. She lurches towards my hand then when I bring it up to her she steps on for a split second then she backs into her corner of the cage. I can tell she is scared because he pupils get smaller and she shakes a bit. Poor thing! I wish she wasnt so scared of me. I havnt done anything that would scare her. Any advice?

• Member ID:  2,626
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  1,460
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

A couple of years ago I had a friend who had a very nervous bird she was trying to tame. I remember she used treats to gain the birds confidence. She would offer millet from her fingers at a distance, then worked her way to putting a little millet on her palm, her bird would then step up for the treat. Keep your movements slow and quiet so you don't make her feel threatened. It took a few weeks to get there but it worked! Perhaps you could try something similar with Moon's fav treat and only give the treat when you are working with her.

Gently, gently is the key!

Good Luck!

• Member ID:  1,641
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  15,350
  • Content Per Day:  2.23
  • Achievement Points:  99,335

it sounds like the angry dolphin noise, to to www.budgietalk.com and on there Terri has recorded different noises you can pick which one fits and figure out what she is trying to tell you.

Guest Kristina

Thanks for the advice.

Ive never tried the treat aproach to Moon before. I think I did once for about 5 minutes and all Moon did was observe my hand and millet. Moon likes millet, but I dont know how long I would have to stand like that, hunched over! Ouch!!

Lovey, that angry dolphin noise ive never heard from Moon before.(besides today) These little chirps she has just started doing, but dosnt do that so long, only barley audiable short chirps. But it does sound alot like that, and she chirps like that when I pull my hand out of the cage. Huh. I dont know. Any sugestions on what she could be telling me?

• Member ID:  1,546
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  264
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1,950
  • Birthday:  27/08/1993

When I put my hand into Moons cage she emits this very quiet chirping noise. Its very short and quiet. She lurches towards my hand then when I bring it up to her she steps on for a split second then she backs into her corner of the cage. I can tell she is scared because he pupils get smaller and she shakes a bit. Poor thing! I wish she wasnt so scared of me. I havnt done anything that would scare her. Any advice?

Maybe you should just talk to her a step behind the cage

Edited by Bea