Bird Breeding Software

Guest Micaël

intro.jpg

Hi,

I just want to show you my new bird breeding software available here:

http://www.BirdsEvolutionPro.com

One free edition is available!

In it you can keep track of all your breeding stock, clutches, pairs, eggs... and much more :wacko:

It's for all bird breeders but many users have got budgerigars.

:angel1:

Regards,

Micaël

• Member ID:  1,826
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  955
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

Wow i've been looking for something like this for a long time thanks for the hook up!

• Member ID:  4,838
  • Topic Count:  247
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,882
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  36,650
  • Birthday:  02/02/1964

I tried it today... I didn't like it. Sorry

I'll stick to the ones i'm using. The Budgerigar Program and Bird Tracker.

But thank you for showing it.

Hi,

Saying "I didn't like it" is one thing, but giving examples with what you don't like in it is better :D

At least with criticizes with examples I could work to make it better.

This is what I think: Birds Evolution Pro is more easy to use than those softwares. Bird Tracker is really good for the genetic prediction (Birds Evolution Pro is not a genetic prediction software). For the graphics and the interface I think that Birds Evolution Pro is better (example: go on the pairs management).

Birds Evolution Pro is a new software so it will be improved. As I said before (but you didn't accept this post which was showing a part of the software :D ) the version 2.0 will add more features (more statistics for example).

Regards,

Micael Felix

Hi,

Saying "I didn't like it" is one thing, but giving examples with what you don't like in it is better ^_^

At least with criticizes with examples I could work to make it better.

This is what I think: Birds Evolution Pro is more easy to use than those softwares. Bird Tracker is really good for the genetic prediction (Birds Evolution Pro is not a genetic prediction software). For the graphics and the interface I think that Birds Evolution Pro is better (example: go on the pairs management).

Birds Evolution Pro is a new software so it will be improved. As I said before (but you didn't accept this post which was showing a part of the software :rolleyes: ) the version 2.0 will add more features (more statistics for example).

Regards,

Micael Felix

Hi Micael,

Sorry I should have explained, as there are so many so called programs on the internet in regards to birds. It would be good to discuss the pros and cons of a program. I can't comment on the improvement in the version 2.0 as much as I can guess the next loto results. So lets look at what you have offered.

I have tried many and have yet found one that does what I want.

Bird Tracker delivers what it states:

Bird Tracker

There is an extensive list of what this program delivers.

I have been using this program for over a year and with discussions with the team at Cabin Software have helped improve some features. I like the Genetic side to this program and the ability to have reference material accessible from inside the program.

What I haven't found in Bird Tracker I have found inThe Budgerigar Program. - Features. This software has better features in the way it looks at the breeder's lines of birds and how it tracks families. Bird Tracker does this but not in the way TBP (The Budgerigar Program) does. It is a bit better.

It would be good to mould both togeather to come up with one program that does both. Oh well.

As I surgested, have a look at both and decide for your self what you think you pertential customers would want.

A good basic data base to start with would be a starting place. Your program target a large number of people so the data base would be vast. Bird Tracker comes complete with one. TBP consentrates only on Budgies and so has a data base for that.

................................................................................

Micaël I tried to have another go at reapprasing the software. I added two birds and then set them up for breeding. Added an egg. had it hatch. I found it a little confusing but would probibly get used to it over time.

The screens in breeding seem to be the wrong way round. What came first the chick or the egg. I would have the in the Management of Pairs the egg screen first not last.

I would also have the breeders information on the import bird and on the chicks you breed. In the show world, we buy blood and then features. I would buy a Mannes bird or Tonkin bird and track the blood through my lines.

I found that I had to give details on cages that I didn't care about. ie how large is the cage. :P me being picky. There is a lot iof information that would not be used by the larger breeders.. eg egg weight and diamensions. But it is good to have more then you need.

What I want to know is

where the bird is eg Flight. Nursary, Breeding cage 1 or 2 or 3..., Sold, Lost, or Died.

I want to know who the parrents are. Who the syblings are who the related birds are eg Uncles Aunts cousins. ect.

When the birds were set to breed. When the eggs were laid. When they are due to hatch. Were the eggs firtile, Adled, Dead in Shell, Hatched, Hatched and Died.

I want to know when to ring the chicks. When the chicks should be fledging.

Medical history, weight, defects, did the chick have problems in the nest. Did the parents have problems in the nest.

I want to know what the possible outcome genetically is on the pairings.

What the birds are or maybe split to.

I want to know the best features in the bird for show and for possible pairings.

I want to know how the bird did at the last showing.

I want to know how old the bird is, with out refering to a calendar.

All these features are either in Bird Tracker, The Budgerigar Program and in yours but not in one program. I would definately buy the program that can give me all these features. I have bought both BT and TBP as it has they have these feature togeather

The last thing I care about is the pritty skin photos ... but it is a good feature. ;)

Interaction is good but being new it is confussing. Most of the features are not accessible I kow because it is an evaluation copy so I can't comment on them.

Bird Tracker is the best program I found as it has great features, good back up help from the developers and the updates are totally free. It just misses a couple of good features in the way it handles the blood lines.

P>S> ...................................

After using your program a few times I am getting used to it. There are some terms that may be in translation only, confussing. There seems to be the features that I have listed above but you need to look for them.

Micaël i would have to upgrade my original thoughts to okay. It would be great if the blood line isue could be dealt with.

As an first off impression on the evaluation program I would say no I don't like it. With persistance and usage I would say on the surface it maybe good.

But I can't comment on what I can't see and to spend the equivalant of maybe $100au on the program i would say no. I would need to see more. I would change the evaluation copy to give more access. Lock down the feature of print and limit the number of birds to 20. This would give a more operational program with out it being too useful to those that want to rip it off.

You might be on a winner. ;)

Edited by daz
Guest Micaël

Hi,

First I want to thank you for your answer :)

The screens in breeding seem to be the wrong way round. What came first the chick or the egg. I would have the in the Management of Pairs the egg screen first not last.

You're right, I was thinking that it could be easier if people need to add only birds at the start (because as you know, some breeders don't track all the information of the clutches)... but you're right it could be a little confusing, I changed that, thanks.

There is a lot iof information that would not be used by the larger breeders.. eg egg weight and diamensions. But it is good to have more then you need.

It depends on what you are breeding, for people who are hand feeding baby parrots, they need sometimes this kind of information.

There are some terms that may be in translation only, confussing

Hehe you're right sometimes it's confusing, I have corrected some errors but I'm sure that some are staying :wine

I would change the evaluation copy to give more access. Lock down the feature of print and limit the number of birds to 20. This would give a more operational program with out it being too useful to those that want to rip it off.

At the beginning when I make this software I was thinking "okay: one free edition but limited, for "little" breeders", but I think you're right again, as we can't see many things it's not really good too. I'll maybe do something like 15days full access, and after limited version.

Thank you again for this detailed answer :D

Glad to have helped. :wine

I think the 15 day access would be good. It will give a better idea of what the software can give.

• 1 month later...

• Member ID:  2,910
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  500

intro.jpg

Hi,

I just want to show you my new bird breeding software available here:

http://www.BirdsEvolutionPro.com

One free edition is available!

In it you can keep track of all your breeding stock, clutches, pairs, eggs... and much more :wub:

It's for all bird breeders but many users have got budgerigars.

Regards,

Micaël

Not good Web Sorry

Why is that Nathan1?

• 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  2,698
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  520
  • Birthday:  30/09/1992

i truly like it i will try and use it when i am succesful breeding my finches and later on when i get more budgies

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Micaël
i truly like it i will try and use it when i am succesful breeding my finches and later on when i get more budgies

Glad to see that you like it :)

Don't forget that you can send ideas/remarks/comments to me and get the last updates for free on the website.

I'm working on it to make it more "opened" to the world wide web: for example we will be able to share with the others BEP (=Birds Evolution Pro) users genetic info of any species that we breed.

Hey Daz don't forget to email me your feedback about BEP when you have a little time to do it :D

• Member ID:  2,698
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  520
  • Birthday:  30/09/1992

i have a question the breeding program daz uses has like species of birds can you add that please i try working with adding the species but it isn't really easy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Micaël
i have a question the breeding program daz uses has like species of birds can you add that please i try working with adding the species but it isn't really easy

In Birds Evolution Pro?

You can add them directly by clicking on "Repertories and Stock" -> "List of Species" -> "New".

I'm translating the help files currently, it should be available soon.

www.BirdsEvolutionPro.com

I haven't had much of a go at the program over the past few weeks but what I have found is a very well though out program. I would recomend this to any breeder of any type birds.

• 1 year later...

• Member ID:  4,298
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  804
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  5,615
  • Birthday:  09/11/1994

Im using it and I like it, thank you Ive been looking for something like this for ages