Sign in to follow this  
tess and cookie forever

How Do You Tell Whether Your Budgie Is Pregnant Or Not?

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have two budgies that have breeded before but unfortunetly didn't hatch so i am wondering how can you tell if your bird is pregnant. The bird i am talking about is really heavy and has been doing very large poos.

Please help me!

large poos and digging around in a nest box are big signs that an egg will appear sometime soon. Tootie started with big poos roughly 5 days before her first egg.

You should have added "Both" to your poll. I have 3 inside and 30 something outside. :P

large poos and digging around in a nest box are big signs that an egg will appear sometime soon. Tootie started with big poos roughly 5 days before her first egg.

Thanks heaps for your help and i am so excited

:P

No. If they look fat and feel fat they probably are fat. ;) Egg production in budgies takes roughly 18 hours (give or take a few) to be completed beginning to end. Hence the laying of an egg every other day. They do not produce all the eggs at once and carry them. A little bit of a bulge around the vent area the day of/before each egg is laid is really all you should notice physically.