• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,440
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Achievement Points:  10,220
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

Well for the past 4 days ive been telling many of you "tonight Belle will have 1st egg..." but nothing happens... I then though oh my god!!! I miss caluclatd and Belle is only 11 months old!!!!!! I feel like the worst owner ever! I totally miscounted :) And i cant beleive i did that! I found out becuase when her egg wasnt appearing, i was starting to question her age. I thougth she was eggbound as her vent has been throbbing the past 2 days, and i didnt see an egg. Her poops got VERY big last night, but then i noticed this morning they are tini again... I told my mom and we were going to book avian vet to come check her out (family freind and gives me free, but most of the time discounts on checkups)... So, then i just went into nest box and theres a lil bright white egg in the corner! I was soooo happy and excited and amazed and felt wayy better that she delivered it well! The thing is i didnt know if shed know to lay egg in the box, so lastnight i added 8 carefresh (the white version... for those who dont know its toilet paper like material squished up and used for rodents as its scent free and warm)... So i added 8 peices last night to hopefully think "Hey ill lay it here"... So then when i looked in the box this morning, i didnt see any eggs, but then when i just went and checked again, and a lil egg was in the corner with the carefresh bedding.. so it was camoflaudged! Its brigth white and DEFINATELY fertile compared to Ariels... Belles been in the box like a good new mummy, and Kirbys been in it aswell preenign and singing to her! So, the journey finally begins! And ill keep you posted :)

ps- When the egg was in the corner, i didnt think that was to good so since Belle was outside the box on the perch, i went to put hand in the put it in the concave... and Belle lounged and went to attack me.. so i took out my hand and tilted the box so the eggn would go in the concave. It worked, and Belle found it, and is currently on the egg, in the concave, with Kirby in the box singing quietly... :D So.. needless to say shes going to be a VERY protective mother burdie, which is good that she is keeping them safe, but bad becuase Belle hates me even if not breeding, and when shes got babies and ill want to play with them, im going to need stitches one day :( (Laughing out loud)

Kirby :blink:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member ID:  5,064
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  5,817
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Achievement Points:  39,375
  • Birthday:  20/02/1982

:(Laughing out loud): gald she is okay, are you right with the age now or did you miss something?? She is in a the cicle of egg laying now and will lay more even if you stop them now. I would let them continue, if they can't handle any chicks you have the other pair you can foster to.

As to the prodtived mother I started using a pen to 'shoo' Tootie out when I wanted to look, it meant she could attack all she wanted but I still got my way :blink:

• Member ID:  1,930

(Laughing out loud) good idea Nerwen :D

I feel terrible still! Shs 11 months old, and i miss caluclated becuase before i thought got her a month before i acually did... therefore shes be 4 weeks youngr than i thought. Shes in GREAT condition though, iris ring, brown crusty cere (could be browner, but still fits the definition of breeding colour) GORGEOUS PERFECT plumage, and the same goes with Kirby. Shes very grown up, and acts very grown up aswell... Her and Kirby are in it together, and they are even more in love than Chico and Ariel. Belle allows Kirb in her beak range every minutes whether he preens her eyelashes, helps her preen her tail, sitson the egg, feed her constantly when not even in breeding cage, and much more. Thats the thing aswell about my other pair. I candled Ariels eggs lastnight, and all are infertile again... Whic was expected so im not going to try them again... they will be my 'in love but no baby' pair. Im letting her have her eggs still becuase if something goes wrong with Belle (either abandons the eggs, doesnt fed babies, or attacks babies even) ill foster out to Ariel who will take AMAZING care of them. Ariel would even foster a Macaw baby thats how much she wants them :wub: (Laughing out loud). All my birds are fed great foods, vitamins, and have great big clean cages so they are more than happy. I cannot wait for the babies to hatch ou in 18 days :D Here are new pics i just took... (The egg looks brown compared to the carefresh bedding, but in real life its BRIGHT white...)

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e104/pet...e2/MVC-007F.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e104/pet...e2/MVC-008F.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e104/pet...e2/MVC-012F.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e104/pet...e2/MVC-015F.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e104/pet...e2/MVC-017F.jpg

Kirby :)

• Member ID:  4,838
  • Topic Count:  247
  • Content Count:  4,882
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  36,650
  • Birthday:  02/02/1964

I agree with nerwen. Let her continue. don't worry if the egg is in the corner, she will move it. and don't worry if she doesn't sit on it She should after the second or third egg.

If this is her first clutch, don't be too disapointed if the majority of eggs are not fertile. This is normal.

Now is the time to get ready for the hatching. Make sure you have some hand rearing mix.

Start counting the day from today but make the first one 20 days not 18. every other you can count 18 from there lay date.

I hope all goes well. :wub:

Thanks Dazza!

Theres no doubgt i would sto her.. shes doing great and the only reason i was worried is becuase i thoguth she was eggbound... thanksfully she isnt :):D :D

Yuupers.. 1st clutch, and its Kirby's too. They mated SOOOO MANY time that i saw little own the ones i didnt :wub: All the ones i saw were 2000% successfull! :)

You dont think im counting? Daz! You obvioulsdy dont know me well enough! I started counting the minute i saw them mate when shed have eggs, little own the day ill have babies agian! My last baby i had was 6 years ago! So im SOOOOOOOOOOOO THRILLED at this news of good matings and nice eggs :D Then if something happens Ariel will be the foster mummy... Ariels very sweet, calm, and a want-to-be mom so bad she lays infertile eggs :) Then Chico Ariels hubby is the sweetest, gentlest, caring, male pet ive ever seen.. that feed her non stop...Perfect candidate for foster . . .

Thanks again Daz, you seem to be one of the main people whom i can count on :) Besides Karen, Nerwen, Shawna, Riebie, Bea, Lisachromis, and others!!!

Kirby

:D I love your enthusiasm Kirby. In fact I put a link to the calendars I use >LINK< . I hope this helps you and others. :wub:

How Fabulous!

Thanks mate! Yes, ive been told to calm down, and be patient by freinds *Cough Karen cough* :) I get pretty excited when it comes to pets... a perfect example is me gettin excited how big my birds poop is :wub: Since that means eggs are on their way and then wee lil babies :D

Belles doing great! In nest all night keeping eggy warm :D Kirbys been chattering away, and they mated agian :) Belle went out of nest box when i took the pictures, and was watching me from the perch. Kirby jumped right on her back, totally suprising Belle, yet she still bent over and allowed him to mate :) I love these guys... Im not going to keep one of these i dont think, even though i bet when fledged ill change my mind.. But i dont have a lot more room (room for another 1 bird, MAYBE 2 MAX) and i want to keep a yellow face spangle when Oscar and Emma breed next July...

Its now noon... and the eggs about 19 hours old...(Laughing out loud)

Shes been great so far... On egg all night, being fed by Kirb, and overall im thrilled... Egg still looks good, and shes kept it in the concave. 2nd egg tomrrow :D . . .Then Tuesday i start school again :( I was just off for 9 weeks for summer holidays, and now here i go again, 10 months of work :( Anyways, baby birdies will keep me motivated and make time go by fast :wub:

Sorry to tell you kirby but the next 18 days will seem to go sooooo slooowwww. :wub:

Yuppers.... :wub::( :(

Im dreading it!

Kirb

I have their 2nd egg as of 10 minutes ago!!! :D :D :D

Looks good! Both good shape, and white :( ... not beige unlike Ariels eggs :(

• Member ID:  1,976
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  521
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  25,294
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Achievement Points:  152,977
  • Birthday:  07/01/1956

Very happy for you about the second egg Kirbs :)

good to hear Kirby ;) only 16 days now :) Sorry should remind you of the time.

(Laughing out loud) thanks guys!

Yup... but those 2 days went by fast as lighting!

Sitting VERY good on the eggs, and doesnt even stand up when i open lid anymore... :wub: Not as skitish and has settled down :wub: Both eggs still good, and i can see PERFECT air pockets on the one side of both eggs.... Egg #3 here tomrrow, im ecited!!!

Kirby :wub:

YAY GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!

I candled egg #1 tonight... and...

RED VIENS AND A LIL SHAPE IS INSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink::) :) AKA its fertile ! ! ! :D Ill check her 2nd egg tomrrow or next day, hen 3rd egg agter that... Will keep you posted...

Kirby :P

• Member ID:  2,071
  • Topic Count:  149
  • Content Count:  910
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  6,880
  • Birthday:  28/03/1961

congrats Kirby on your eggs! It is very exciting! I wonder how many she will end up laying.

I dont know if you have read my post but all bar one of my birds were let out the other day when I was out (we dont know who) so I will have to start all over again. One came back yesterday but there has been no sign any more yet.

I have larger parrots as well and they are all in the breeding mood so that has cheered me up somewhat. But I loved my budgies very much and now they are all gone. (Next time I will padlock my cage.) :D

• Member ID:  2,060
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  861
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  6,195
  • Birthday:  25/07/1978

OMG Kirby veins!!!!!!!

How exciting!!

Can't wait to see the blobs! :P

:D

Thanks guys!!!!

Yes i heard :) What a shame to have suck iodotic people who have no feelings.. :( So sorry! :(

YAYYA RIEBIE!!!!! IM SOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!! :) :) :) This will be 1st baby born in my home in 6 years!!!!!!!!!!! YAYA!!! :blink: (Laughing out loud). Whoa yes im excited, (Laughing out loud). Im candling egg 2 tonight, and ill take pics of the pair... I even tried to be more profesional and made a egg chart for on the side of the nest box to keep track of when it was laid, when i candled, the approx day it will hatch, and others... Looks rather good, and works GREAAAT!!! Egg 4 here tomrrow, and i have a feeling ill have 5 or 6 eggs, then 4 or 5 babies hatch and grow up.. thats just me though. Wish me luck!!! :D

Kirby

• Member ID:  2,071
  • Topic Count:  149
  • Content Count:  910
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  6,880
  • Birthday:  28/03/1961

I wonder Kirby is this the reaction you will have when you learn your wife is expecting??? (Laughing out loud)!!!!! I love your enthusiasm! Good on you!!! Cant wait for some pics!! :blink::):(:(

:) Yes ive gotten coments on that (what ill be like when wife is expecting...) (Laughing out loud)

Im so excited! You have no idea! 1st baby for 6 years born in my house, and also my income... :blink: I sell babies then use money to buy food and other stuff... so i rely on breeding for my income to buy pet stuff i need for all pets. Im also selling the babies for $30 this time, and i know it will be fine... but then i will do two birds for $50 i think... as id prefer two to go to a home then 1... Either way im going to get a lot of money as i use to sell for $20 each. $30 sounds like a lot for you, as most are Aussies.. but here in Canada they are $23.99 each at stores, if not more, so mine are VERY time, colourful, and much better healthy than stores... (Laughing out loud)

Kirby :(

woohoo Kirby ;D I can't wait to see the outcome from these two. Any luck with Ariel's eggs? or are they clear again.

Yay thanks Buzz, me to! This is sooo fun! Im picking names as we speak, and so far i like Lucky, Maggie, Sophie, Skye, Mackie, Jellybean, Skittles, Snickers, Mars, Rolo, and Reese... As most are cute names, or names after candy that are here in Canada...

Nerwen yes im very happy and excited to!!! I think ill get yf blues though, as its dominant gene... but still some wf's . . . Yup, all of Ariels eggs are infertile again, but im keeping her on them in case Belle being a new mom may abandone her eggs or babies then Ariel can have them. Ariels eggs are about 22 (?) days old now... and shes kinda losing interest i think... out of box a lot, but still sleeps in it, i just hope she hangs on a bit longer...

Kirby :blink::):(

WHIPEEEE!!!!! I hav candle news...

Egg #1: A LOT OF RED VEINS!!!

Egg #2: MANY RED VEINS!!!

She also laid 4th egg today... and so far first 2 eggs are fertile :budgiedance: :budgiedance: :D Ill candled 3rd tonight, or tomrow night as i have 20/20 vision and can notice TINI things... such as lil veins in the egg(s)... Wish me luck!