Sign in to follow this  
Guest maltabudgie

Going into the nest box But not in Condition

Guest luvbudgies

i don't really like banding birds legs personally. as i have heard that some birds if incorectlly placed around there leg will chew off there leg.

also when recording my birds i give them a code in the year they were born but dont band them because i'm afaird i might hurt them. maybe when i start breeding large amounts of birds i might get someone from a bird shop to teach me how to band them properly.

it is very unnerving the first time you ring a bird and you should always have someone show you the first time but i have never seen a bird in discomfort with a ring on its leg

Bands here are mostly use by breeders and showers. One pets store had their budgies branded and the others don't ( there are four major pet stores in my area)

Freckle doesn't have one but Pie does. I got freckle from a Flea market. Now most that sell there have them clumped together in like rusty old cages, shoving in until there is hardly any room, but this guy had the set up of little single boxes with a max of two in each. Clean and well cared for. He could tell me the age, sex (but he got that wrong) and colour of her.

But maybe we should get back to the topic?

I will think Polly sorry Paul is a guy, most white birds have a pink cere when they are a male.

And I agree with epiphany Sky may be too young yet to laid eggs. How long have you had her? do you know her age?

Edited by nerwen

Guest oscarchik101

humpf! i cant see them... again! i think photobucket's down or something! can anyone else see the pictures?

Guest Julie

No, I can't see the pictures either, it's telling me the page cannot be displayed.

Julie

No the pics don't work for me either, make sure you have made the album public so others can see it.

Well was she a baby when you got her?

Still it would make her only ten mounth if she was and that is a bit young for a budgie to breed. They should be around 12 month of age as everyone says around here.

Guest maltabudgie

i will check about the photos

Guest maltabudgie

all the pics where deleted i dont know how....

Guest maltabudgie

Sky may be young yes but why is it that she spends almost all her time in the nest box?

Umm Interesting pics

Really I think your best deal is to remove the box or if you have them in an avery take them out and put them in pet cage.

They are not to young to breed, just too young to handle the demains of parenthood, you would have sick or dead babies if you breed them now.

If you want to breed them wait a few month and but the box back in.

The fact of sky in the box all the time is guess she might be just claiming it as hers now, or she is getting ready to lay anyway.

Guest maltabudgie

that could be but i decided to remove them anyway

I think thats the best cuase of action, you don't want to stress the cute little things out.

:rolleyes: Did I say before they are very cute little budgies I like the white and blue one (Paul?)

Guest maltabudgie

yes he is paul and i ve got his brother aswell 'mario'