New Budgie

Guest vsthakkar

Guest vsthakkar

Hi everyone

I'm new to budgies and to this forum. I've just gotten a new baby budgie day before yesterday evening and he seems very quiet. In the pet shop he was the most active but now he just stays put in the one place doesn't move around and hasn't made a single noise and hasn't eaten or drunk anything yet he seems scared. I did lotta research before getting this cutie. He is between 6 months and a year old (that’s what I have been told by the pet shop). He was all scared when I was around him first day… I tried to sprinkle seeds on floor (didn’t work)… For first 24 hours he didn’t eat or drink anything… So I covered his cage from 3 side yesterday evening… I hung a mallet just near his beak (didn’t seem to work)… Yesterday evening I took some mallet seeds in my fingers and took near him… he ate few seeds… Today morning I tried the same, and same thing happened… He was moving and making sounds for 5 mins today morning… but again he went back to his nervousness…

Is he in shock because of the new environment?? Is there anything else I can do to calm him…? Is it better just not to go near him for few days?? I am just worried because he is not eating anything on his own… I want him to be healthy keet…

Thanks in advance…

Viral

Guest Phoebe

:ausb: Hello, yes, your new little one is scared. Some people, including myself, like to put little dishes of food and water on the floor until they get accustomed to their "official containers". Go to budgietalk.com to find out all you can do for your new pal and read back over previous posts in this section for good tips. :rip:

• Member ID:  1,641
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  15,350
  • Content Per Day:  2.23
  • Achievement Points:  99,335
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

shock is a good word and yes it is very scary being taken away from all your friends...

Keep him covered on all 3 sides for a couple days you can slowly remove the covering it will make him feel secure.

talk often softly, blink your eyes when you do so slowy, keep at eye level

and make sure you visit budgietalk.com as Phoebe said