• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,162
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  7,840
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

Okie, Chase is a male recessive pied... :wub: But should an iris ring or two develop, I'll let you all know.. :D

Lovey, were you asking me about Chase's eyes being plum or not, or was that directed at Karen and Chase's parents? I personally haven't looked into his eyes, but I'll have to have a look a bit later... :) I think flash on the camera seems to bring that out quite nicely right?!?!

Oh on that I've decided that Chase and Blondie are both males upon seeing their two siblings who are girls and the ceres have turned very brown. Blondie's cere's about the same as Chase's, but with a bit more creamish nostril rings.

Edited by Cheeta

• Member ID:  1,976
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  521
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  25,294
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Achievement Points:  152,977
  • Birthday:  07/01/1956

Okie, Chase is a male recessive pied... :D But should an iris ring or two develop, I'll let you all know.. :)

Lovey, were you asking me about Chase's eyes being plum or not, or was that directed at Karen and Chase's parents? I personally haven't looked into his eyes, but I'll have to have a look a bit later... :( I think flash on the camera seems to bring that out quite nicely right?!?!

Oh on that I've decided that Chase and Blondie are both males upon seeing their two siblings who are girls and the ceres have turned very brown. Blondie's cere's about the same, but with a bit more creamish nostril rings.

Maybe that hunch or educated guess we had together on sex of those two was right then Cheeta ? :wub: GOOD STUFF ! :(

Edited by Bubbles

• Member ID:  2,155
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  1,162
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  7,840

hehe yeah I guess so. they seems to have the 'male's traits' as well, so guess we did good that first time around!! :)

• 9 years later...

• Member ID:  8,264
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  20

okay, let me get this right... well trying to anyway. smile.gif

A dutch pied has almost 'normal' wing markings, and recessive pied has splotches here and there right??

would that make my little Chase a Dutch pied or a recessive pied?? So far no iris rings yet, and he's having his first moult.

SkateRightSide.jpg

One of his back

SkateBack.jpg

And also just a question regarding recessive pied... I was told that if they have some sort of body colour around the face/cheek area, it means that they are not recessive pied. Is that the case? I mean like Bobby's case, he's got the blue around his cheek area, but he's still a recessive pied right?!?!

sorry to be a pain, but I'm learning the genetics.. hehehe.. very confusing, but it's fun. biggrin.gif Loving it.

this is 100% a recessive bird not a dutch pied (dutch pied have allways iris ring )