H

• How to Create a Signature & Avatar
    Signatures and Avatars on all member accounts. (Not including Administrators and Global Moderators). Ensure that your signature and / or avatar coincides to with site ...
  • How to Hold a Budgie
    How to hold a budgieSometimes you may need to have a good hold on your budgie, such as for nail clipping, crop feeding, pulling a ...
  • How to tell you have a young budgie
    Here is a guideline to tell if you have a young budgie (scroll down for enlarged picture) detailing what to look for.   Click in the ...
  • How to introduce a 2nd(or more) bird (s) to your existing flock
    Quarantine Program is the first thing you will need to do before your introduce any new birds to your existing birds (flock).Here is a method that ...
  • Household Hazards
    Room By Room: Household Hazards To Your BirdBedroom: pillows, candles, vases full of water, jewellery, cosmetics fumesBathroom: aerosols, lid up on the toilet seat, Laundry ...
  • How to pull a broken blood feather
    You will need forceps (tweezers) to pull out the remains of broken blood feathers. Support the wing or limb carefully, locate the broken and bleeding feather. ...
  • How to crop feed an adult budgie
    One day if your budgie becomes sick it may be necessary to crop feed them if they stop eating.   Advising someone how to crop feed ...
  • How are show birds housed?
    Show budgies are housed with the other birds in flights or aviaries. It is only when the show time comes that they are then prepared for the ...
  • How time consuming can it become?
    Everyone is different this is what I personally for my budgies .I spend 1/2 hour every morning feeding restocking the seed. checking the nests and ...
  • How are show birds identified at the show?
    Some breeders will name there birds. Jo Mannes has names such as Hurculies and Apollo. Very powerful names. You do not need to use a ...
  • How do you teach the birds to stand in the position for the judges?
    Training for the show cage begins a few weeks after fledging. Most cockbirds will "show" as it is part of their nature to show off ...
  • How long are you in a certain class before you have to move up?
    Novice to Intermediate is 3 years and you must get 8 points at one club showing.. By that I mean in three years if you ...
  • How can I tell if the hen is feeding the chicks?
    It is extremely easy to see whether or not the hen is feeding the new chicks. They will have a full sack on the front ...
  • Have hen and cock bonded?
    Bonds are formed outside the breeding season in the aviaries and once formed they stay together throughout the year. The cock and hen recognise each ...
  • Hen will not use nesting box
    If the hen won't go into the nest box it ussually means either: 1. she doesn't like the cock  2. she's not in her breeding cycle. ...
  • Handrearing Budgies
    Feeding Chicks from newly hatched. The first feed of the day for three days should be a quality yoghurt with a high live organism count. ...
  • How to Breed Budgies
    YOU WILL NOT GAIN MONEY BY BREEDING BUDGIES!There are many things that need to be considered before a nest box is even put down on ...
  • Handfeeding (baby)budgies
    HAND FEEDING:Hand feeding usually becomes necessary when a parent has died, or has just abandoned the eggs or babies and no foster parents are available. ...
  • How do you prepare for Breeding?
    There are many ways that you can pair up your birds for breeding. I select a hen that is of the correct age and is ...
  • Handrearing Budgies
    Feeding Chicks from newly hatched. The first feed of the day for three days should be a quality yoghurt with a high live organism count. ...
  • How And What Age To Ring Budgie Chicks?
    Since various kinds of budgies are differing sizes another way to work out when to legring them is this. Find their littlest back toe, and hold ...
  • Homemade Healthy Budgie Grain/Seed Mix
    The actual recipe is from Gloria at Whitewing Farms. Homemade Healthy Budgie Grain/Seed Mix Make your own Budgie grain/seed mix:  1 part Quinoa 1 part hulled yellow Millet 1 part ...