T

• Types of toys for my budgie?
    Budgerigars enjoy toys and need them for mental stimulation. Try to keep quite a few in the cage (while being careful not to clutter it) ...
  • To clip or not to clip?
    Wing ClippingShould you or shouldn?t you?This is by far one of the most controversial topics among bird owners and a source of some extremely passionate ...
  • Taming Your Budgie
    Taming your BudgieThe purpose of this article is to give you general taming tips. These tips come from various members of the BBC forum based ...
  • Treatment For Mites
    Parasitic Diseases Scaley Face MitesBudgies with a crusty cere, feet and vent are usually infested with the Knemidokoptes mite. Most budgies with this condition are young ...
  • Trimming and caring of budgies nails
    Can I trim my budgies nails? Yes, but it is important to be careful when trimming the nails. The quick is the blood and nerve ...
  • Teflon Poisoning
    Teflon is a hard non stick surface that is applied to many items of cookware and the insides of self cleaning ovens. When overheated it ...
  • Teaching your budgies to eat a variety of food
    A budgie who has always eaten seed will often have trouble recognizing other items as food. Here are some ways that you might be able ...
  • Toxic And Non Toxic Plants For Birds A thru Z
    -A- Toxic Acokanthera - all parts are toxic except the ripe fruit Amaryllis - all parts are toxic Andromeda - all parts are toxic Angel's Trumpet - seeds, leaves, and ...
  • Type of Classes in the Show Ring
    In Australia, breeders are divided into three classes: Novice, Intermediate and Open (or Champion) To progress through these classes you must consistantly win at shows with ...
  • The hen layed an egg outside of the nestbox
    Occasionally you will have a hen that lays her eggs outside of the nest box; usually off one of the perches. Mostly it will be ...
  • The eggs are soiled, should I clean them?
    Eggs can be washed in warm water with no consequence to the embryo.  As the warm water begins to loosen the excrement, take a smooth ...
  • Trimming vent feathers
    Show birds are breed to be in buff. (poofy) When it comes to mating, it is like they have clothes on. The feathers around the ...
  • The chicks keep jumping out of the nesting box
    Question:As many of you know, I have 3 pairs with young ones and many of them are jumping out of the nest box, only to ...
  • Types of Perches
    Having many different sized and shaped perches in your budgie cage or aviary is very important to stop issues like arthritis and bumblefoot. You can ...