C

• Creating an Avatar
    How to choose an Avatar. There are a few ways that this can be done … Firstly you will need to go in to you MY CONTROLS This ...
  • Cages: The good and bad
    As we have had many newcomers who have been given bad advice with regard to cages for their birds, I will post some examples of ...
  • Crusty cere: normal or scaley face
    It is normal for a female budgie to have a very crusty brown cere when in breeding condition.  However, if this is not the case, ...
  • Checklist: Healthy Living Environment
    Glacier Housing: It is your responsibility to make sure your bird's living environment is safe.  Since birds are naturally curious you will need to take extra ...
  • Chlamydia psittaci
    Chlamydia psittaci C. psittaci's ability to mystify us does not end with classification. It can cause disease in humans, other mammals and birds. It can kill ...
  • Can you show a bird you have not bred?
    Please copy and paste back in.The answer is: It depends on the Budgerigar Club that you join.In State and National budgerigar shows in Australia, any ...
  • Can you co-own show budgies?
    Yes, this is possible. As individual breeders breed better and better birds they become more expensive to buy at private sales or auctions. To be ...
  • Cross breeding "pet" budgies to "show" budgies
    If you cross bred these two different types of budgies could you create a better quality show budgie?It depends on the bird. you will see ...
  • Creating a Plan
    When many decide to get into the show budgerigar side they are usually looking at the open class birds on the bench, at shows, on ...
  • Can I touch the eggs with my hands?
    Let’s look at some Facts.Egg shells are porous and touching the eggs can cause bacteria from the fingers to enter through the shell and kill ...
  • Care of baby budgies in the nest
    I am going to share some knowledge I have of care of budgie babies in the nest. Firstly, when new to breeding, arm yourself with ...
  • Colony Breeding vs Closed Breeding
    Colony Breeding vs Closed BreedingThere are 2 different methods of breeding to consider if you are planning on breeding your budgies. The first is colony ...
  • Can I breed with Young Budgies?
    Don't look here for approval!!!! Breeding Budgies under age isn't a good thing to do! Why you ask - Well lets state the obvious - They are ...
  • Can I breed young budgies?
    Don't look here for approval!!!! Breeding Budgies under age isn't a good thing to do! Why you ask - Well lets state the obvious - They are ...
  • Crumble Mixture
    4 x tea spoons of Budgerigar Starter 2 x tea spoons of Crumble 2 x tea spoons of egg and biscuit (or toasted bread crumbes) 2 x tea ...
  • Chicken wire is it safe to use?
    Sometimes the galvanising process leaves an excess of zinc on the wire. Budgies can chew the wire and end up with heavy metal deposits in ...