M

• Minimum cage size for one budgie
    A square cage 18x18x18 inches is a suitable size for an individual budgie. There should be enough space for several perches and toys and still ...
  • My budgie often makes a loud squawking noise.
    What does it mean and how can I stop this? Budgies make a variety of different noises but the squawking (or ACK ACK ACKing) is ...
  • My budgie is bobbing its head up and down, what does this mean?
    Head bobbing (rapidly moving the head up and down) is a common behavior and while it is seen most in males, females will do it ...
  • My budgie makes a clicking noise with its beak, what is this?
    This is called beak grinding or clicking. Most budgies will beak grind as they're settling down for a nap. It is a sign of contentment ...
  • My budgies are fighting, what do I do?
    It is normal for budgies to bicker amongst themselves, but if your birds are actually becoming violent they should be separated immediately. Generally, two males ...
  • My bird has hurt itself and is bleeding. What can I do?
    This is a serious condition and must be treated straight away! Symptoms: Blood apparent on bird or spattering of blood in area surrounding bird or on ...
  • My Hen is Eggbound, What should I do?
    This is a very serious condition and should be considered a medical emergency.Egg binding occurs when a hen is has difficulty in laying an egg. ...
  • Megabacteria Information
    Megabacteria Virtually unheard of as recently as 5-6 years ago, Megabacteria is being increasingly found in more and more species of birds. Although very easy to ...
  • Megabacteria by Cerise Duran
    Megabacteria Virtually unheard of as recently as 5-6 years ago, Megabacteria is being increasingly found in more and more species of birds. Although very easy to ...
  • Member Budgies - Variety of Mutatations
    Budgies come in a rainbow of colours. Wild budgies are all green and yellow. They were discovered in the 19th century by English explorers who ...
  • My hen will not lay an egg
    There could be a problem with the hen or cock's fertility. Some factors to consider when dealing with an infertile pair of birds are as follows: The ...
  • Manage the Breeding of Budgies
    Glacier It seems over the last few months that Spring is in the air...well for the southern hemisphere anyway and that Breeding for some is all ...
  • My hen is pulling her feathers out?
    It’s normal for a laying hen to pull some feathers out of her chest, you will most likely find them in the nest. They do ...
  • Mineral Bars #1
    MINERAL BLOCKS Ingredients equal parts of, Plaster of Paris (available at craft shops or Pharmacy) Calcium Carbonate Garden lime Method Mix these together with enough water to make ...
  • Mineral Blocks #2
    Mineral blocks "Most mineral blocks on the market are hard. Here is a basic recipe you can work with. Plaster-of -Paris is the hardening element. ...
  • Mineral Block #3
    AAEBUDGIE'S RECIPE..... Ingredients: 3 cups of Oats 1/2 cup of Processed Bran 1/2 cup of Wheat Germ 1/2 cup of Egg and Biscuit 4 Carrots 6 hard boiled Eggs 6 Endive leaves OR Bunch ...
  • Mothers Milk Alternative for Chicks
    Mothers crop milk for the chicks that need help along the way. This is what I came up with and has so far done it's ...