• Breeder:Yes
  • Show Breeder:Yes
  • My Club:GV Budgerigar Club
  • Budgies Kept:100
  • City/Town:Nathalia

Posted 23 May 2007 - 14:56

Hi there, Can any  breeder give me some advice
What soft food to feed my breeding birds besides budgie starter
and what grains do you use soaked as I want something I can soak overnight then feed them the next day, as I have tried soaking white millet (no good) also tired soaking mix grain still no good, meaning I would rinse it out but it all ways smells so I wouldn't feed it to my birds.
White millet is surpose to bring the bird into a molt well i don't won't that.
Ray Wilson told me today that he soaks 'tric a cali' spelt wrong but that's how it sounds. but I tried to buy it and they only sell it in bulk 25tonns ha.
So please anyone with advice please let me know.

:excl:

Edited by splat, 23 May 2007 - 22:45.

Posted Image

Please remember - due to board rules, Posted Pictures are to be no larger than 640 x 480 pixels.
How to post pictures
Please
No Text Shortcuts  or Double Posting- this is a general message not a personal one.
Information on  
Signatures and Avatars Sizes. New?... Check out our Welcome Centre and FAQ's
Thanks in advance for your cooperation from the The Moderating Team.

#2 macka

macka

Golden Wings Post Award

• Site Members
  • 1,382 posts
  • Local time: 02:31 PM
  • My Club:geelong
  • Budgies Kept:150
  • City/Town:freshwater creek

Posted 23 May 2007 - 20:45

Personaly I do`nt feed any soaked seed.In the breeding boxes.I make up amixture of grain bread & greens &breeding aid.A hard boiled egg & into the blender & feed it out at about a tea spoon each breeding box.

#3 Neat

Neat

Platinum Wings Post Award

• Site Members
  • 5,902 posts
  • Show Breeder:No
  • My Club:BSNSW West Sydney Branch
  • Budgies Kept:7
  • City/Town:Rossmore

Posted 23 May 2007 - 21:01

View Postmacka, on May 23 2007, 20:15, said:

Personaly I do`nt feed any soaked seed.In the breeding boxes.I make up amixture of grain bread & greens &breeding aid.A hard boiled egg & into the blender & feed it out at about a tea spoon each breeding box.

Hey Splat Daz has a good website
Daz Website
he has info on what is soaked and etc... Good luck His birds are BEAAAAUTIFFUUULLLLL

Please remember - due to board rules,
Posted Pictures are to be no larger than 640x480 pixels. How to Post Pictures
Please No Text Shortcuts or Double Posting- this is a general message not a personal one.
Information on Signatures and Avatars Sizes
Thanks in advance for your cooperation from The Moderating Team

#4 the pie

the pie

Golden Wings Post Award

• Site Members
  • 1,178 posts
  • Local time: 12:31 PM
  • My Club:MBC
  • Budgies Kept:60
  • City/Town:Kalgoorlie - Western Australia

Posted 23 May 2007 - 21:07

Soft food I use:  boiled eggs mashed, soaked polenta, grated carrot/apple, eggs shells I dry after boiling the eggs then grind them up and mix them in too. I know someone who soaks mungbeans, 1st grade wheat and grey sunflowers and adds to the mix.
I also use Triticale soaked,
My seed mix has a big range of seeds in it. will add pic as I dont know all of them!! Not just the usual budgie mix you get at petshops/stockfeeds. I add turbobooster to the seed/soaked seed, Fvite powder in small containers in the aviary. (Marshalls)
When you are soaking your seed add avicleans to the water it prevents mould and stops bacteria (which is I guess why it gets smelly. Soak for 12 hours then drain in airy container overnight. (this is for mungbeans and such)
Where abouts are you?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Paulh29

Paulh29

Mature Budgie

• Site Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Budgies Kept:13
  • City/Town:Perth

Posted 23 May 2007 - 21:18

I always use soaked Hulled Oats.........everyday when breeding..
[font="Comic Sans Microsoft Corporation "][font="Arial Black"][/font]Cheers
Paul
[/font]

Posted Image

#6 splat

splat

Platinum Wings Post Award

• Site Promoters
  • 5,193 posts
  • My Club:GV Budgerigar Club
  • Budgies Kept:100
  • City/Town:Nathalia

Posted 23 May 2007 - 22:43

View Postmacka, on May 23 2007, 20:15, said:

My Partner Greg agrees with you but i just wanted to try it but every time I try to do it, it ends up smelling a bit and I through it out because i don't want to make my birds sick.

He also reckons that egg effects there liver or kidney one orthe other, so I don't know
:excl:

View Postthe pie, on May 23 2007, 20:37, said:

Soft food I use:  boiled eggs mashed, soaked polenta, grated carrot/apple, eggs shells I dry after boiling the eggs then grind them up and mix them in too. I know someone who soaks mungbeans, 1st grade wheat and grey sunflowers and adds to the mix.
My seed mix has a big range of seeds in it. will add pic as I dont know all of them!! Not just the usual budgie mix you get at petshops/stockfeeds. I add turbobooster to the seed/soaked seed, Fvite powder in small containers in the aviary. (Marshalls)
When you are soaking your seed add avicleans to the water it prevents mould and stops bacteria (which is I guess why it gets smelly. Soak for 12 hours then drain in airy container overnight. (this is for mungbeans and such)
Where abouts are you?
Posted Image
Posted Image

I am in Nathalia Victoria, where do you buy mung beens, I do use avicleans. thanks for your advice. :)

Posted Image

Please remember - due to board rules, Posted Pictures are to be no larger than 640 x 480 pixels.
How to post pictures
Please
No Text Shortcuts  or Double Posting- this is a general message not a personal one.
Information on  
Signatures and Avatars Sizes. New?... Check out our Welcome Centre and FAQ's
Thanks in advance for your cooperation from the The Moderating Team.

#7 Paulh29

Paulh29

Mature Budgie

• Site Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Budgies Kept:13
  • City/Town:Perth

Posted 23 May 2007 - 22:44

View Postthe pie, on May 23 2007, 19:37, said:

Where abouts are you?
Posted Image
Posted Image

The pie....what is turbobooster and Fvite??????
[font="Comic Sans Microsoft Corporation "][font="Arial Black"][/font]Cheers
Paul
[/font]

Posted Image

#8 the pie

the pie

Golden Wings Post Award

• Site Members
  • 1,178 posts