Sign in to follow this  
Guest pavariangoo

Why Does Foobles Keep Doing This?

Guest pavariangoo

:P Hello again, this forum has been full of great help so I thought I could ask this question.

When I go to feed Foobles I am attacked. What I mean is I put my hand into his cage with a piece of millet that I am trying to attach to his wall but while I am clipping it in he runs up and attacks the back of my hand!

I thought this may be because he thinks im trying to take it away so he gets mad, or he may get mad because my hand is blocking it while im clipping it onto his wall. Any suggestions? Do I just ignore this behaviour or what?

Many thanks

:D:):):D:unsure:

he sounds like is getting territorial of his cage

Do you switch is toys around at least every 2 weeks?

Does he have flight time?

Did something scare him while he was in his cage?

Guest Lin

And yes, always ignore biting, don't pull your hand away, as this will reward the biting.

I can't really help this time my hen Freckle will do the same thing to me when I'm clipping up millet or other fun things for them like leaves. She doesn't hate me and is tame while sit on my finger and doesn't care what I do around and in the cage for other things. I just put it down of her wanting me to hurry up with it becuase she loves ripping into.

Guest pavariangoo

Well I guess Foobles just wants me to hurry up then because he tries to eat the millet while I'm attaching it. He gets lots of play time out of the cage and can fly wherever he likes. Sometimes he just climbs out and hangs around on the roof or climbs the curtains, other times he tours the house. He gets his toys roatated too but not as much as every two weeks. He's not getting much play time just now while he is getting medicine though. The vet said that his faking eating is to convince us he's healthy and deserves to be one of the flock. Everytime we go in the living room he jumps off his perch to 'eat' so we think it's better to let him rest and save his energy to get well. He'll need his strength to attack my hand when the vet says he can have millet again! ;):)