Cage Setups

Guest eterri

I'd love to have a section on my site that shows examples of good cage sizes and setups. If you think you have an especially good setup, please post a picture or two here! Please include the make and model of cage (if you know it, it's fine if you don't), dimensions, and any other information that you feel would be helpful to share. This might also be a great topic to pin as most people loooove checking out how others decorate their cages. :glare:

Oh! It might also be neat if you could tell us what things you like most about your cage and what things you like least.

Edited by eterri

• Member ID:  4,838
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  247
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,882
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  36,650
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/02/1964

Eterri, I am happy if you want to get the photos from my site. Just click on my Signature Picture to go there. Go to Aviaries or to Breeding. I will put up more detailed photos if you like. :)

• Member ID:  198
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  15,290
  • Birthday:  24/04/1965

Cage1.jpg

This is a Cage Connection T5 flight cage. It is about 24" x 18" x 33" ? and the thing I especially like about it is that is opens from the top. The front door has a brace on it so that when it is opened it acts as a landing platform. It also has a breeders door on the right side at the top. It comes with 3 dowel perches (yuk, but at least they aren't plastic) and two big feed cups. Two sides have vertical bars, the other two are horizontal. It comes with a grate at the bottom, and you can get a stand for it as well. Bar spacing is budgie sized. It's a good size for 2 - 4 birds, I get away with 5 in a cage due to perch placement and the fact that they are out of it most of the time. :) I will get some better pictures in a sec.........

EDIT

This is a link to a little larger (800 x 600) picture of them to give you a better idea. Note they all insist on being on the same cage, silly little birds. :D

Edited by Rainbow

Cage1.jpg

This is a Cage Connection T5 flight cage. It is about 24" x 18" x 33" ? and the thing I especially like about it is that is opens from the top. The front door has a brace on it so that when it is opened it acts as a landing platform. It also has a breeders door on the right side at the top. It comes with 3 dowel perches (yuk, but at least they aren't plastic) and two big feed cups. Two sides have vertical bars, the other two are horizontal. It comes with a grate at the bottom, and you can get a stand for it as well. Bar spacing is budgie sized. It's a good size for 2 - 4 birds, I get away with 5 in a cage due to perch placement and the fact that they are out of it most of the time. :) I will get some better pictures in a sec.........

EDIT

This is a link to a little larger (800 x 600) picture of them to give you a better idea. Note they all insist on being on the same cage, silly little birds. :D

Great cage Rainbow, I bet the birds love them. :)

Love your cages, Rainbow. Thanks both of you. I need more though. :P Come on people, I know you all have some awesome setups. Lemme seeee!

Daz, could you get some shots of your inside birds' cage(s)? Or did I just overlook them? I might do a different section all together for aviaries. :P

Glad it's not just me that loves seeing other peoples cage set-ups! :)

Terri- I'll try and post my pics as soon as I can. Mum's put the photos somewhere and she's out atm. I have a picture or two of a Ferplast Medium Brio you can use, which I had my birdies in until last Friday. I have now 'upgraded' to a Tall Speedy Chinchilla cage for the budgies, and I much prefer it.

I'll try and get some pics of the Speedy cage as soon as I can! (Have just ordered a new 'rope perch' and a Sandy perch swing for it.... :( ) I think it makes a fantastic budgie cage - better than the Ferplast Indoor aviary range, in my humble opinion, as it doesn't have the roof but has a 'barred' roof and it's 100cm wide x 100cm high.

Thanks for this thread - I'm always worrying about putting too many perches and toys etc in, or not enough, so it's helpful to see what other people do with their cages.

Here you go Terri:

(3 pics, use all if you like or choose the one you think shows the cage best!)

Cage:

Ferplast Medium Brio

Measurements:

Outside measurements:

Width: 85 cm

Length 75 cm

Height: 162 cm

Inner measurements:

Width 64.5cm

Length 54.5cm

Height approx 137cm ( this is taking into account the 'dead space' under the cage where the legs are - handy for storage!)

Pro's and Con's of this cage:

I like this cage as it's so big and gives lots of space for flying and for toys etc. It's also very easy to clean out, as it has a sliding tray at the bottom and lovely big doors for access. Despite fears the birds would only use the top half, they did actually use the entire cage, bottom as well. Although birds naturally fly across, not up and down, this cage is still pretty wide, so gives good scope for flying.

However, the overhang roof makes it awkward, as you can't hang things from the top and you can't fit the cage through doorways with the roof on either. Though the large doors are great for access they also make it very easy for the birds to 'escape' from the cage.

I've since replaced it with a cage that's 100cm high and 100cm wide - this cage also has a 'bars' roof, so no annoying overhang and great for swings and toys to be hung from.

I wouldn't put more than 4 budgies in this cage.

Pictures!

2005-11-01-2321-08_edited.jpg

2005-11-01-2326-17_edited.jpg

2005-11-01-2329-33_edited.jpg

Edited by Hanlou

cageforeterri.jpg

For some reason I can't get a decent picture of the cage as the bars always look strange when I resize it. Anyway it is 53wx53dx30h centimetres,I can't remember what make but I'll check tomorrow when the cover comes off the cage! There are 3 birds in it but I think a 4th would be okay. I am very pleased with it as the material is not the brittle type of plastic which seems to crack so easily. It's very robust,easy to clean etc. Good solid clips,lots of accessories plus a stand on wheels,all for ?75.

The only thing I don't like is the domed top as the birds can't hang out comfortably on top like they like to do. It has three doors which makes for good access to all areas of the cage and the bars are very strong.

Guest birdie2008

I'm going to try to get my camera working :hap: You might have to wait for Christmas though.

I had an excellent setup, but yesterday my mom decided they needed a "change in scenery" and took out all the good perches, put in a couple of wooden ones, then stuffed ten toys to hang from the center of the top. :blush:

Guest pixie25

picture0500bb.th.jpg

picture0510il.th.jpg

This cage is from pets at home (UK) for ?49.99

Pros

*It will house 2 budgies very comfortably.

*plenty of room for manaznita and rope perches as well as several toys, without becoming cluttered.

*it has 2 doors (one for a bird bath) and a slide out tray for cleaning.

*it also has two little wire handles at the sides and if you lift them up the plastic bottom part of the cage comes away from the rest of the cage making it very easy access for maintenance.

*comes in 2 colours, white or blue.

*has both verticle and horizontal bars for climbing.

*the top is flat so playgyms, perches, toys and baths can be placed on top.

Cons

*there are 4 seed plastic seed container hatches (2 on each side) and these must be sellotaped securely down if the seed pots are removed otherwise your budgie WILL escape.

Overall i would give this cage 9/10 (because of the seed hatch thing). a very good home for a pair or a single budgie :P

Here are my cages

Width: 45cm

Lenght: 74cm

Height: 128cm

t_159799_3042544462.jpg

Width: 32cm

Lenght: 60cm

Height: 80cm

t_161421_3894294125.jpg

I like these cages because they have enough room to fly around and play, and there is also room for a variety of different toys, and that's a good thing since i'm always buying new toys:)

I also have a few smaller cages

Edited by sara83
:) I think they shouldn't make those piddly little cages, makes me sad to think that some budgies are confined to one all their lives. Thankfully all you guys have lots of room in your cages. :P:)

I always feel so sorry for birds that live their entire lives in piddly little cages. Some can't even stretch their wings. Most people on here, as well as having roomy cages, also give their birds ample flight time out of their cages. I just wish more people would 'think like a budgie' and do the right thing by their feathered friends

okay here's mine.

budgies-002.jpg

The top on both cages are always left open.

Edited by daz

• Member ID:  1,464
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  599
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  5,455

Nice set-ups on here

• Member ID:  860
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,240
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Achievement Points:  39,695
  • Birthday:  12/09/1989

Here's Blinks cage:

BlondeBoys001.jpg

I think it's pretty cool and it matches his colour. :bluebudgie:

daz those cages are really cool! :dbb1:

how many budgies live in each one? or is it just george and angel? spoilt birdies! lol

3 Pixie, George, Angle and Chirpy.

Aviary-027.jpg

This is my Quarrentine cage which now has Bob, Jaz and Lisa. 3 new birds that I got today from Karen.

Thanks Karen.

The rest. Bluey, Spangle, Ash, Huey, Greeny, Duey, Razzel and Tiny are here.

Aviary-028.jpgAviary-029.jpg