Budgies not breeding

Guest budgie boy

Guest budgie boy

Hi all. I've got a pair of budgies that I'm trying to breed, Pricilla and max. They are very close to each other cause they scratch each others necks and kiss all the time and she has started to make little balls of nests(brooding I think?). I've had them as a pair for about 7 monts now but they still have not had eggs. I have just moved them outside into a really big aviry along with a male runner. Do you think that the aviry will increase my chances and what else can I do to help? :D any replies are greatly appreciated

Edited by budgie boy
Guest budgie boy

Yeah, I do have a nest box that I picked up from the pet stor , and there on a diet of greens and seed.

• Member ID:  70
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  847
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  6,535
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  30/09/1969

how old were they when you got them as you have had then 7 months if they were young they could be 9 to 10 months although capable still a little young to breed,are you in the uk if so if you have just put them out the weather is getting warmer so give them time also give them time to get use to the avery especially if it is really big put up a selection of nest boxs all at the same height so they have a choice

Guest budgie boy

No I'm in Brisbane, Australia so it's coming up to winter now and I do think my male is still a bit too young to breed as he is probably only just on 1 year, but my hen is about 2 or 3. I just bought a new hen today and am buying another hen and a male in a few days. Hopefully the compition from each other might get them going plus the next doors budgies. Thanks for your replies :D

• Member ID:  1
  • Group:  Root Administrators
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  610
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  5,352
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  28/01/1990

im like, what is he doing posting the same topic twice??

Then i found out it was a redirect, so all is good.

:P