• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  30
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

I got my two budgies eleven days ago from a pet store. One, the male, is flighted and I do not wish to clip his wings, and the other, the female, has french molt and lacks the ability to fly. I've had them well over a week, and they will eat, drink, and sometimes climb around the cage. My issue is taming them, because they don't seem to be making any progress. They are fine with me being in the room, but when I talk to them or enter the room they'll tense up. Pierre, the male, has only eaten millet spray from me once, and Luna has never. When I hold millet spray out to them Luna will try to get away and jump off the perch, and Pierre won't move much but doesn't seem interested in the millet. 

I want to know the best training method, be it tunnel or not. Most places say that they should like millet and come to me that way in as little as a few days, but that doesn't seem to be working for me. Second, I would like them to be out of the cage, but I've been told I need to tame them first and haven't made progress with that. I have a play gym for them out of the cage, but have no way of getting them out. 

Help, please?

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

• Member ID:  4,399
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  240
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  30/05/1962

I know that is too late now but , dark room-or cover the cage with dark material, hand in cage, index finger extended, gently but firmly push your finger under the bird until it treads on your finger - stay still, try,  after a bit return the bird to a perch - repeat often............................................