Sign in to follow this  
witherd1

Extremely Poor Forum

I find it very disappointing that this forum has severely fell by the way side, with not only a lack of activity by the administrators, but also by its regular members. I feel that the majority of the problem lays in the extreme overuse of boards. There are currently 43 different boards under 11 different headings, most of which have not been posted in since last year, others probably haven't been checked in longer. No one is ever going to check 43 different sub headings in a forum about budgies, seriously!! You need to cut that 43 back to about 10, at the absolute most.

Just my two cents, I hope this helps... keep it simple stupid, no one will click over 150 times to check a forum each week, much less each day.

agree

I am a member of a few forums and the daily activity on them is off the charts.

I like this one but would like it more with increased activity and participation.

I don't disagree with either of you. It has been disappointing that the activity here has dropped off so much in the last couple of years. (I blame Facebook.) However, I would like to point out that you don't have to check every topic area in order to see what's new. Just hit "view new content" in the upper right hand corner, and you will get a page of all the recent posts.

You can edit how you want the page to show posts. For example, you can select "content I have not read yet" or "new since my last visit".

You also have to remember that there are times when life gets busy for people and there situation and not always have time to come on, Sometimes members read a post and do not always respond to it.

I agree with finnie that with facebook and other social networks have made an impact on here.