• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  30
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

Hi, my name is Michael . I help my grandsone breeding a pair of budgies ( American ). Pet shop bought. For a science class. They were both albinos. White clear eyed , No color visible at all. We got three chicks. They were fed standard keet food normal grit, and normal soft food and greens. As they grew they look very unusual....especially one. They had a pink hue to them. Well to make a long story short. They fledged out. One albino (clear eye), two white dark eye with some diluted barring and blue ventral areas. The albino is pink. . It's whole body is pink of varying shades with the head being the most pink the the flight and tail feathers. The other two are not as noticeable but their white is shaded pink. One having more pink on head. Have raise budgies years ago.......they cannot be pink. There is not any red in the gentics.

(oh...they are not Rosie Bourkes). Even if they had picked up the color in there diet ( which I am 10000% sure they did not). The would have to have the genetic ability (factor) to pigment from diet. ie red factored canaries and flamingos. I will be posting pictures soon. I found this site a saw it had people from all over.

No one in USA has never heard of this mutation happening. Again this is NOT a hoax......

• Member ID:  5,241
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  1,887
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  10,750
  • Birthday:  21/12/1946

Hi Pinky,

Pictures will be very interesting on this. Did your parent pair have RED eyes? What do you mean by clear eye ? I know some terms are used differently in other countries, in Australia I don't believe there have been any pink/red coloured birds (buds that is). An albino here has RED eyes or you can have a black eyed bird that looks like an Albino, D.F. spangle, dark eyed clear etc. BUT if red and blue make purple, when mixing colours and we have violet coloured birds, is it a stretch to think one day a red bird will mutate??

Just to add if you have colour showing on your chicks one or both parent must be split to some other colour I think, not pure Albino's, or else you would have only had pure Albino's I think. I'm very unsure on genetics as a whole.

Edited by robyn

• Member ID:  7,793

Robyn,

Thanks for the reply. By clear eyes I do mean Albino- RED eyes no pigment. I will be posting the pictures. I think everyone will be very surprised. I was thinking maybe Albino Purple DF Spangle. If i am correct color is the way light is reflected back. Different pigments reflect differently. I will also post the nest mates. This is really cool to me. Who knows maybe a new mutation?? I will be breeding the parents again.

And be trying a brother sister breeding. I will be trying to acquire. DF spangles, Albino's from violet breedings.

• 1 month later...

• Member ID:  7,482
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  438
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Achievement Points:  2,910

You can't get Albino Purple DF spangle.

You can only get White DF spangle and Yellow DF Spangle.

Example of White DF spangle

5151.jpg

Yellow DF Spangle

devil.jpg

You can only get in the ino genetics, Albino(White + red eyes), Lutino(Yellow + red eyes), YF Ino(Yellow face + red eyes)

As they say on UFO forums pics or it didn't happen :)

also what I think you might have is a fallow they have red eyes I believe.

Edited by L__J

@mature budgie

I will be posting pictures. Since the post with help of others it has gotten a little bit more complicated. First. Albino x albino. = albino

I got albino and 2 DILUTE recessive pieds all with pink in white to varying degrees. So that means one must not be albino. After talking with some very experience breeders and a geneticist friend of mine, is that I have two red eye whites. One albino and one is a fallow dominate clear wing pied x fallow recessive pied. Odds GREAT against, but that is the only other breeding that could produce a white red eye.

My second breeding is fledging out all have some degree of pink. There are 2 red eye and 4 dark recessive pieds. From two red eye birds.

I will post the picture. I have already sent it to some of the ABA members. Like I said time will tell.......like people have told me. I don't know what will happen after first molt......pinky

• Member ID:  2,137
  • Group:  Global Moderators
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  4,842
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  31,670
  • Birthday:  06/04/1978

Looking forward to seeing pictures.

Edited by birdluv
  • 2 weeks later...

• Member ID:  5,135
  • Group:  Global Moderators
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  2,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  14,055
  • Birthday:  06/08/1965

I would say there is a pink mineral block in the cage.

It is possible to have an albino that is masking violet, and have a bit of suffusion, so that the body of the bird had a hint of purple.

Pictures were never posted. I would guess this was just a bored person amusing themself over Christmas break. Note that the member has only the three posts from this thread, and didn't join here to take part in any other discussions.

;)

Hi again. I will leave negativism behind. ( Not bored nor pink mineral block) They are going through first molt. I will soon see and will post pictures. The pink is staying. I am still very excited. Of the second clutch 4 of 8 have pink. 2 albino and 2 violet pied. Like the first clutch. It only shows in white and more on the albinos than the pieds. Pinky

• Member ID:  5,241
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  1,887
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  10,750
  • Birthday:  21/12/1946

Why not post the pics you already have, then more after they moult to see how they compare. :)

• Member ID:  7,327
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  376
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Achievement Points:  2,285

@mature budgie

I will be posting pictures. Since the post with help of others it has gotten a little bit more complicated.

I will post the picture. I have already sent it to some of the ABA members. Like I said time will tell.......like people have told me. I don't know what will happen after first molt......pinky

I will be posting pictures soon.

Hi,

I am interested in these pink budgies you have, when do you think you will be able to post the pictures. You have said you have sent them to other people, why can't you use the same photos to post here and then update once the birds have gone through there moults.

People get suspicious when people continue to say they will post pictures but never do.

Thanks

Edited by BUDGIE L0V3R
  • 4 years later...

• Member ID:  8,745
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  61
  • Achievement Points:  357

I, Personally, would love to see the budgies.