Carys94

What Does This Mean?

My budgie is 3 months old . He's still not hand tame either. He has bitten me a few times but I'm working on building his trust by hand feeding him but everytjme i put my hand near him to do this he pecks at my hand. He also does this to his perches. Can anyone tell me what this is ???????

I really want a good relationship with him. He is also my first budgie .

Thanks in advanced :)

He's telling you to go away and leave him alone.

I have come to find that young budgies do that sometimes, its okay, your not doing anything wrong. just be patient and continue spending any time you can with him. are you handfeeding him?? if so, how often??

Every budgie is different when it comes to taming them.

Have you read the handtaming section in our FAQ section? http://forums.budgiebreeders.asn.au/faqs/index.php?action=artikel&cat=3&id=155&artlang=en

It is very informative and helpful.

A while back l made a taming journal about my experince with my very first 2 budgies that l have owned,

http://forums.budgiebreeders.asn.au/index.php?showtopic=18572&st=0&p=216648&hl=birdluventry216648I

He's telling you to go away and leave him alone.

No he isn't. They explore with their beak, and they often bite something before they step onto it to make sure it is safe to go on. But it can evolve into a bad habit if he gets a fun reaction to his biting, so try not to yelp or flinch. Only reward with the millet (or other treat) when he is behaving nicely, and not biting,

. are you handfeeding him?? if so, how often??

Three months old is too old for hand feeding. Can you explain what you mean? You are not starving him in between and forcing to eat only from your hand, are you?

No im not taking his food out of his cage. I put some food in my hand and he sometimes eats it. Things are still not better. Hes now starting to nibble evything and is cage. Is this normal? And can his behaviour be changed?? Thanks everyone

have you tried using millet seeds or a treat your budgie loves instead of regular food?