Sign in to follow this  
ima.snowbird

Any Way To Find A Recent Topic That I Read?

Is there any kind of 'history' in the forum or faq's? I recently read a topic on sexing babies still in the nest, and now I can't find it. I've tried search, but there are LOTS of hits to sort through.

I know, I should have bookmarked it, or checked 'follow' but I'm blonde. Some days more so than others.

Is there any kind of 'history' in the forum or faq's? I recently read a topic on sexing babies still in the nest, and now I can't find it. I've tried search, but there are LOTS of hits to sort through.

I know, I should have bookmarked it, or checked 'follow' but I'm blonde. Some days more so than others.

Hi I expect you mean the babies of albinos & lutinos which are born with the red eyes. A Lut or Alb hen paired to a normal

the cock chicks will have the red eyes. A Lut or Alb Cock paired to a normal hen, the hen chicks will have red eyes.

This is further complicated as there are very few pure bred birds around. Practically every bird contains the genes from

a good mix. So things don't always work out as you expect....B.J.

Actually, I was looking for Kaz's article, Sexing Baby Budgies. I finally found it pinned under sexing budgies. Mostly I was hoping there was an easier way to go back to something I'd read, to check details.

i recall that topic of sexing them when they are only a few days old. Glad you found it. Other than the search on here you could try your Internet history for the page

Hi It's in the GENERAL section B.J.

Edited by Bird Junky

Yep, found it. Thanks. Just noticed your website in your sig. BJ. Checking it out in more depth later, but love what I've seen so far. I've clicker trained my dogs. I'm looking forward to finding a treat that my budgies will work for, and take from my hand so I can do some training. Lots of training just to get to that point!

Hi Don't use a clicker for training birds that mimic... I've had owners complain

about their birds making clicking noises all day long...B.J.

HAHAHA I guess I should have thought of that! Thanks for the heads up. I'll just use treats to reward good behavior then. With dogs, I use the word Yes! to mark the behavior. I probably don't want to do that either.

I had a talking parrot back in the early 70's. She was quick to pick up new vocabulary. While she was in the pet store, a kid came in with a deep croupy cough... bird 'caught' it. She'd been with a family with a newborn, and a toddler what whined. So she cried like a newborn and whined... the whining got on my nerves and I started saying 'Shut up.' Bad idea. She started whining then telling herself to shut up. It was not flattering to hear myself that way! :laughter: