Guest K&M Breeding

picture For Siggy Says It Is Too Big

Guest K&M Breeding   
Guest K&M Breeding

I've been trying for over an hour to add a picture to my signature. I have re-sized it from being huge to being 399x399 , 350x350 ,345x345 and lastly I used one of the preset options on Photo Bucket so now it is 320x320 all of which is smaller than 400X200.

But it doesn't matter what size I make it, it is always telling me its bigger than the allowed of 400X200 When it's not.. I've restarted the browsers several times, and restarted my computer several times and it's not fixing it. How Can I add a picture if All smaller sizes tell me the picture is larger than the allotted 400X200 when it says you can use UP TO 400x200 Which means the 399x399 was still the proper size :(

You have to have it 400x200 or less, it can't be 200x400 or anything, just resize it to 400x200 and you'll have no problems :)

**KAZ**    0

400 by 200 is the size....regardless of what it says. If you make it that size you wont get the oversized message

maesie    0

I've been trying for over an hour to add a picture to my signature. I have re-sized it from being huge to being 399x399 , 350x350 ,345x345 and lastly I used one of the preset options on Photo Bucket so now it is 320x320 all of which is smaller than 400X200.

But it doesn't matter what size I make it, it is always telling me its bigger than the allowed of 400X200 When it's not.. I've restarted the browsers several times, and restarted my computer several times and it's not fixing it. How Can I add a picture if All smaller sizes tell me the picture is larger than the allotted 400X200 when it says you can use UP TO 400x200 Which means the 399x399 was still the proper size :(

320x320 is bigger than 400x200. It can't be any longer/wider than 400, and yours at 320 is fine, but it also can't be any taller/higher than 200, and yours at 320 is.

Edited by maesie

Guest K&M Breeding   
Guest K&M Breeding

Oh Okay i thought as long as the 1st number was under the 400 Then it was considered Smaller :blush:

Photo bucket won't let me make it 400x200 When I try to do it manually I put 400 first then it changes the second box to 400 So then I go to the second box and Change that 400 to 200 and it in turn changes the 1st box to 200 as well But I'll try using something other than photo bucket. Thanks :)

ETA: okay I got my signature fixed finally :) It's way smaller than I'd like no matter what program I used it wouldn't let me get to the 400x200 it was either bigger or smaller. but I finally got it :) now my avatar won't change even though last night it said it saved (i had it at 100x95) So today I re did it and just let the program re-size it and saved it and it said it saved But it's still my old avatar? Unless its just on my screen Which wouldn't surprise me none at all :P Oh and I have it changed to one of my birds Not the Army one any more that I am still seeing.

Edited by K&M Breeding

Finnie    0

I think the problem you are finding with your signature, is that it is a square. So both height and width have to be the same, either 400 (too big) or 200, which fits the height dimension, but is small. I really like it, though, the effect is cool. I wonder if you rearranged the birds so that they were only two high, and four or five wide, it might fit the 400 x 200 format better.

Your avatar seems to be working fine now. :) Here is a link that RIPbudgies gave me once. It is so great, and has solved all my avatar problems! http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/

Guest K&M Breeding   
Guest K&M Breeding

I think the problem you are finding with your signature, is that it is a square. So both height and width have to be the same, either 400 (too big) or 200, which fits the height dimension, but is small. I really like it, though, the effect is cool. I wonder if you rearranged the birds so that they were only two high, and four or five wide, it might fit the 400 x 200 format better.

Your avatar seems to be working fine now. :) Here is a link that RIPbudgies gave me once. It is so great, and has solved all my avatar problems! http://www.shrinkpic.../create-avatar/

Ya I finally got the Avatar sorted out or it sorted it self out one of the two.. First it was showing me the One I changed it to if I was on the page to change it, but on my posts it was still showing my old one. Then I added a Profile picture then when i logged back in the 2 pics were switched - What was supposed to be my Profile picture was my avatar but it's finally right now Tweety is My Avatar picture and Sheba is my Profile picture :)

as for my signature I used Picnick to make it and they didn't have many choices on what direction it went but I'm getting used to it now I'm just used to the other forum I've always been on I was allowed a bigger signature and that's what I'm used to seeing. :)

Edited by K&M Breeding