• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  35
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

Hello all, I am a newbie to Budgies and have been reading the forum have picked up some super information. Purdie is still a baby and we are still getting to know each other. I am quickly learning what he likes and he is not backwards in telling me off when I have given him something he doesn't like (or it even put it in the "wrong" place).

I am wondering what color my boy is? (definite blue cere even when I first got him.)

IMG_20111119_144438.jpg IMG_20111228_121648-1.jpg IMG_20111228_121446-1.jpg

thanks,

I am enjoying reading my way through all the posts (hope the pictures are all right - I did read up on how to resize pictures)

Sandi

• Member ID:  5,064
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,817
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Achievement Points:  39,375
  • Birthday:  20/02/1982

hi Sandi - he is wonderful! good luck with the bonding.

as to colour you have a yellowface type 2 spangle.

• Member ID:  6,947
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  393
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Achievement Points:  2,625
  • Birthday:  16/04/1998

Welcome to the forums Khani and what a Purdie budgie you've got there ;)

• 1 month later...

• Member ID:  5,135
  • Group:  Global Moderators
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  2,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  14,055
  • Birthday:  06/08/1965

I realize this is an old thread, and the person only ever posted once and never came back to the forum. But I'm just now catching up on stuff I missed while our internet was out over Christmas and beyond. Maybe this person has their settings so that they will get email notification of any responses in their topic. So just in case:

Hi Sandi, welcome to the forum! :D

I love your bird, he is totally gorgeous. I'm working on breeding one like that myself. I agree with Nerwen, yf2 spangle. I think he is also cobalt, and possibly opaline. Usually on an opaline spangle, the markings will be changed from black to body color. But occasionally the bird will still have some black markings along with the body color markings. I have a cinnamon opaline hen, and some of her markings are clearly brown. But it is also common for spangles to look opaline, or have "opalescence", even when they are normals. So I can't say for sure. But I do think that the body color showing all through his wings and mantle is absolutely beautiful!

Hello all, I am a newbie to Budgies and have been reading the forum have picked up some super information. Purdie is still a baby and we are still getting to know each other. I am quickly learning what he likes and he is not backwards in telling me off when I have given him something he doesn't like (or it even put it in the "wrong" place).

I am wondering what color my boy is? (definite blue cere even when I first got him.)

IMG_20111119_144438.jpg IMG_20111228_121648-1.jpg IMG_20111228_121446-1.jpg

thanks,

I am enjoying reading my way through all the posts (hope the pictures are all right - I did read up on how to resize pictures)

Sandi

Anyway, I hope you will come back to the forum. :)

• 1 month later...

• Member ID:  7,048
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  35

Hi, I am still around, reading but not posting.

Unfortunately I lost my beautiful boy just after Xmas.

We were camping (caravning actually) and all had been going well for a week and a half. Out of cage time in the van for Purdie and Popeye (my daughters one eyed Cockateil) several times a day (with door firmly shut). Sitting outside in the lovely weather, birds in cages, dogs on long leads (still young and tend to wander and not come back when called). Except one day one of the friendly regulars said hello to my very friendly dog whom went bouncing up to greet him, unfortunately his lead crossed paths with Purdies cage and popped the door. (I had every opening tied except the door). Well Purdie took off like a shot. Considering his wings weren't fully grown back from being clipping he flew spectacularly. We spent the rest of the afternoon trying to find him, thinking that with the limited amount of flying he had done he shouldn't get far before getting tired. I wasn't very civil to anyone for the rest of the day as I was so upset. We searched for the next few days before we had to come home but no luck in finding him. I even got the park owners to put their budgies out the front of the office just in case it might tempt him to go them.

• Member ID:  5,241
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  1,887
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  10,750
  • Birthday:  21/12/1946

Glad your still around Khani. So sorry you lost your bird he was beautiful. Hopefully someone found him and gave him a good home. :unsure:

• Member ID:  5,135
  • Group:  Global Moderators
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  2,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  14,055
  • Birthday:  06/08/1965

Oh, that is just so sad. I can imagine how upset you would have been. I'm so sorry for your loss. :(