• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,136
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  6,440
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  24/06/1948

Thanks Wayno very much appreciated for the feed back, thought with all the birds he has had in auctions this year the quality

might be a bit off but then again for the prices they went for it was certainly a cheap way to get into his lines which i am a big fan of and i have purchased some very nice birds of his this this year from other auctions.

Terry

A friend of mine picked up a cock bird for $20, i got one for $30, Hens went dearer

Prices ranged from $20 to $120 for most birds, then he had 3 birds sell, one for $200 and the other 2 for $500 each.

I thought his birds did not stand out, there were much better birds there from other breeders.

Yes Henery birds were,off the boil,he may just stop

sending,pet shop class birds down now.

• Member ID:  5,463
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  880
  • Birthday:  09/05/1966

Taylor/Corstunt thanks for that bit of info, I had it (lot 19) recommended to me so was just curious as to what it went for Thanks TAZ D

Chookbreeder Gees what a day talk about WIN WIN WIN.......HOLDEN WON YEP TANDER BEAT THAT bloke who jumped ship yeah Mr Lowndes gees wasnt that good to see ....................AUSSIES WON beat the BOKS like we said close to close and We ended up with 5 lots at the auction including a G GAZZARD cock all at the right price the other 4 all from the same vendor and all GG blood three cocks two hens so a good day how did yours What did the grey pied bring. Cheers TAZ D

Hey Devil,

Good day for sport - ordinary day for a budgie auction!

I think that was the toughest auction I have sold - "flatter than a sh1t carters hat"! A great day if you were a buyer and no good if you are a seller. The grey pied was my top price at $220. There were plenty of good birds but no money. I think the Chidel auction took a lot of the usual interstate money out of the game.

Someone asked about Henry's birds - the quality was not that bad, certainly better than pet shop as suggested by somebody. I purchased his albino hen for $120 and lot 1 was a nice cock. There was also a nice cinnamon spangle hen that made about $500.

The Fellows and Gazzard birds were very good and had the faces that you expect from their birds. There were also a couple of nice Shep & Flan and Scoble birds.

I also picked up Jim Fletchers Aus Yellowface cock fo $90. He now has a new girlfriend who is about twice his size. They remind me af a pair of bogans - skinny bloke in acid wash jeans and his fat girlfriend in tracky dacks!

Personally, I think the sale would have averaged about half of what it did last year and it was not because of the quality.

Hope you picked up what you wanted.

Cheers

PT

• Member ID:  6,360
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2,030
  • Birthday:  14/05/1998

What wa the highest priced budgie, I couldn't stay the whole time...

Also does anyone on went there with there (what I'm guessing) there son? I saw a young boy there bid for a couple of birds

I can sorta remember a few of you from the auction, like the $120 albino buyer.

I was like the only young girl there...

• Member ID:  3,278
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  130
  • Achievement Points:  1,130
  • Birthday:  02/10/1972

What wa the highest priced budgie, I couldn't stay the whole time...

Also does anyone on went there with there (what I'm guessing) there son? I saw a young boy there bid for a couple of birds

I can sorta remember a few of you from the auction, like the $120 albino buyer.

I was like the only young girl there...

I think the highest priced budgie was $1000.

Can't picture you there, i was one of the clowns wearing the orange vests to the side.

PT, great job as auctioneer.

Wayno

• Member ID:  6,360
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2,030
  • Birthday:  14/05/1998

Wow, whadda you look like?

• Member ID:  6,842
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  231
  • Achievement Points:  1,355
  • Birthday:  01/05/1972

Taylor I went and that was my son Digby (11yo) bidding for me. Digby is my shadow and I am sure everyone will get to know him over time. He is mad about budgies!!

We did a lot of bidding and we missed a couple of real bargains by the skin of our teeth. I really wanted PT's fallow/split but friends of mine started bidding and I couldn't keep going. The fallows went very cheap for what they were. The Albino that chookbreeder got was a steal and I had a crack at that. There were two grey greens, a cock and hen of Geoff Edwards that I had a serious go at but missed out. I am not a big spender at auctions, actually I am not a big sender full stop.

We only had intentions of buying if we could buy what we wanted for very cheap. As it was we got three Henry George birds out of his Bob Smith line. All short in the body but with good feather and mask, two normal cocks which are brothers and a spangle cinn op sky hen. The hen was only hatched in Feb this year and has what you want in smaller form though she would still have some growing to do. I paid a total of $250 for the three. I have already picked out some bigger hens for the cock birds and will see what they throw. They will hopefully mix in well with what I have got here already.

I haven't been to an auction for some time but it seemed to me that this was a good one to buy at as Chookbreeder says. Some solid birds went at around the hundred range and some better ones around the $200 mark.

Was a fun day and Digby really enjoyed bidding. It will be interesting to see if it is a trend of lower auction prices or a one off.

• Member ID:  3,340
  • Topic Count:  202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,891
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  27,770
  • Birthday:  13/05/1958

I think a one off Dan, I reckon Chooky is right, they all spent big at the Chidel auction.

• Member ID:  6,658
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  520
  • Birthday:  01/03/1953

Birds from Western Suibs auction just arrived in Launceston left Micks place this morning at 9.00am arrived at 1.35pm...... used pet transporters called dogtainers freight cost only $45.00 a good deal...............happy as a pig in s..t gazzard cock looks terrific along with a cinnamon grey green cock are the standouts others not to shabby and are terrific value for the money paid would like to have been their .... only one travelled badly a youngster who has gone into a heavy moult .................................Thanks Mick and team job well done................. I will be back for a repeat next year The Boss (wife) may let me attend in person..............Once again thanks to Western Suburbs and Mick & Anne ...........Cheers TAZ D

• Member ID:  5,463
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  160
  • Achievement Points:  880
  • Birthday:  09/05/1966

Taylor I went and that was my son Digby (11yo) bidding for me. Digby is my shadow and I am sure everyone will get to know him over time. He is mad about budgies!!

We did a lot of bidding and we missed a couple of real bargains by the skin of our teeth. I really wanted PT's fallow/split but friends of mine started bidding and I couldn't keep going. The fallows went very cheap for what they were. The Albino that chookbreeder got was a steal and I had a crack at that. There were two grey greens, a cock and hen of Geoff Edwards that I had a serious go at but missed out. I am not a big spender at auctions, actually I am not a big sender full stop.

We only had intentions of buying if we could buy what we wanted for very cheap. As it was we got three Henry George birds out of his Bob Smith line. All short in the body but with good feather and mask, two normal cocks which are brothers and a spangle cinn op sky hen. The hen was only hatched in Feb this year and has what you want in smaller form though she would still have some growing to do. I paid a total of $250 for the three. I have already picked out some bigger hens for the cock birds and will see what they throw. They will hopefully mix in well with what I have got here already.

I haven't been to an auction for some time but it seemed to me that this was a good one to buy at as Chookbreeder says. Some solid birds went at around the hundred range and some better ones around the $200 mark.

Was a fun day and Digby really enjoyed bidding. It will be interesting to see if it is a trend of lower auction prices or a one off.

Hi Dan,

Sorry, didn't get the chance to catch up on Sunday.

I reckon you picked up a few bargains and Digby had a pretty good time by the looks of things. He certainly enjoys spending Dad's money!

Are you going to the Geelong Aggie Show?

Cheers

PT

• Member ID:  6,842
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  231
  • Achievement Points:  1,355
  • Birthday:  01/05/1972

No worries Peter you had your hands full mate.

I am happy with what i have and the birds look better after they have settled, none of them would perch at the auction which probably helped me. Hopefully they throw me something that look like mum or dad.

Digby loves being involved and I wanted to keep the auction rolling rather than waith five mins before someone puts in a $20 bid on a Gazzard bird.

I will probably pop in to the aggy show, might see you there. If not might give you a call for another visit and see what you have popped out.

cheers

Dan

• 1 year later...

• Member ID:  7,722
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  25