• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  40
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/04/1966

Hi all. I have had cockatiels and budgies for quite a few years now but 1 of each of them has got me intrigued. They both have special 'needs' as I call them, as I saved Ozzie the budgie from decapitation and a chewed beak as a 2 week old and Preciuos the cockatiel had funny feet. They have spent a lot of time together inside and out but when in the avairy on opposite sides of the avairy, they pine for each other...so I ended up putting Precious in with the budgies so they are happy, as she doesn't like being in with the other cockatiels. They are both back inside together again as Ozzie the budgie has lost her ability to fly...no known reason so I thought it best if she was inside rather than out, and because of their love infactuation, I had to bring Precious the cockatiel in also:wub: . As well as having a great friendship, Ozzie the budgie is now feeding Precious the cockatiel. They are both females of different species...what do they hope to gain by this? They both eat well on their own so why is one female of one species feeding another female of another species? Ozzie is about 7 years old and Precious is about 5 years old...any thoughts from anyone? ...I don't know why this post says budgie hatchling, I didn't put that there...this is my first post so not sure what I did wrong there, was supposed to be under budgie behaviours...

Edited by felix

• Member ID:  6,337
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  507
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  3,360
  • Birthday:  22/09/1995

THat is so strange never heard of that before.

• Member ID:  5,241
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  1,887
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  10,750
  • Birthday:  21/12/1946

HI, I guess it's just like a cat and dog forming a special friendship. You will notice at times same sex budgies feeding each other, not a problem just "flock" behaviour. As to your query about budgie hatchling it relates to amount of posts, as you have more posts you will become a mature budgie like Pride(next post under yours) or mine.silver wings(which I just noticed myself) cheers.:rolleyes:

Edited by robyn

• Member ID:  4,954

HI, I guess it's just like a cat and dog forming a special friendship. You will notice at times same sex budgies feeding each other, not a problem just "flock" behaviour. As to your query about budgie hatchling it relates to amount of posts, as you have more posts you will become a mature budgie like Pride(next post under yours) or mine.silver wings(which I just noticed myself) cheers.:rolleyes:

Hi Robyn...thanks for the reply..I am so glad you cleared up the 'budgie hatchling' comment...I feel really stupid now :blush: But as far as my question about my budgie feeding my cockatiel, you say that it is common in flock behaviour, but one is a budgie and the other a cockatiel...still seems strange to me, but I appreciate any feed back. I have tried putting a picture up but it comes up with a web link thingy, not something that I can click on to add a photo from my pc...I will keep trying though. thanks Robyn.

• Member ID:  3,838
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  27,580
  • Birthday:  20/04/1979

Follow my link in my signature to add a photo, you need to upload them to photobucket or something similar.

As to your budgie/cockatiel... it sounds lovely. I wouldn't be worried at all. It's great they have each other and such a special bond. Maybe they know the other is also 'special' and are therefor bonded somehow???

(((Sorry Robyn... was trying to do 2 things at once, which clearly I can not lol)

Edited by maesie

Hi Felix, I think Maesie mis read post but as she said click on the link under her signature on how to post photo's and it will explain. You upload pics to photobucket, it's free to open an account, then follow directions from Maesie and see how you go. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:thanks for the help guys...I will try to upload a photo later on tonight

Follow my link in my signature to add a photo, you need to upload them to photobucket or something similar.

As to your budgie/cockatiel... it sounds lovely. I wouldn't be worried at all. It's great they have each other and such a special bond. Maybe they know the other is also 'special' and are therefor bonded somehow???

(((Sorry Robyn... was trying to do 2 things at once, which clearly I can not lol)

thanks for the help guys...I will try to upload a photo later on tonight

• Member ID:  6,337
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  507
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  3,360
  • Birthday:  22/09/1995

Good luck and cant wait to see the pics.

Here goes Robyn and Pride...I am attempting to upload a photo...hope it works...if it does, this is Ozzie the budgie and her girlfriend Precious...rarely apart. This was taken years ago but Ozzie wasn't feeding Precious then...%3cdiv%20style=btn_geturs.gifbtn_viewall.gif">

• Member ID:  6,349
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  1,340

One of my neighbour's cats was in love with my little daschund. Every day she'd come around and scratch on the flyscreen door to get him to come out and play chasings. They'd whiz around and around the perimeter of the house - first my dog chasing the cat for a few rounds, then they'd reverse and the cat would chase my dog.

When my gorgeous dog sadly died after being struck by a car, the little ginger cat would still come around tapping on the door to find him. It was heartbreaking.

• Member ID:  2,137
  • Group:  Global Moderators
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  4,842
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  31,670
  • Birthday:  06/04/1978

Here goes Robyn and Pride...I am attempting to upload a photo...hope it works...if it does, this is Ozzie the budgie and her girlfriend Precious...rarely apart. This was taken years ago but Ozzie wasn't feeding Precious then...%3cdiv%20style=btn_geturs.gifbtn_viewall.gif">

I tried to fix your links but l could not. When you go onto your photobucket account, you want to click the white box, img code.

Like in this picture.

d4d0fd5c.jpg

Edited by birdluv

I tried to fix your links but l could not. When you go onto your photobucket account, you want to click the white box, img code.

Like in this picture.

d4d0fd5c.jpg

Hi birdluv...thanks for helping me out with this...I'm going to try again now and see what happens..:blush:.

Memorycard3050.jpg

I have tried to get a picture up here again but I dont think it worked because all I can see is a red X, can anyone else see my picture? This is so frustrating, it should be easy to do but ***'s doing my head in :( night all

Edited by birdluv

• Member ID:  2,137
  • Group:  Global Moderators
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  4,842
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  31,670
  • Birthday:  06/04/1978

I fixed the link so now it can be seen :)

They are both very nice birds.

Edited by birdluv

Of cause you can, your female, right!! :lol:

Memorycard3050.jpg

I have tried to get a picture up here again but I dont think it worked because all I can see is a red X, can anyone else see my picture? This is so frustrating, it should be easy to do but ***'s doing my head in :( night all

You did it !!! next one should be easier to work out now you've got the first one on bbc. :rolleyes: great picture by the way.