• Topic Count:  202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,891
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  27,770
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  13/05/1958

Last Thursday I found this hen in shock almost dead, she was in a cage with 3 other hens waiting to go into a breeding cage but I guess the other hen come into condition and attacked this hen. She scalped her but thank god it was only to the scalp. She spent 6 days in the hospital cage, I put her on probotic and spark, she is doing good now but it looks like her wing is damaged or her hip is out because she sits strange now. I tried hard to save her because I paid a fair bit for and and she is well bred.

birds21stJuly2011006.jpg

But then today I go out to the birdroom and found this hen like this and now she is in the hospital cage. She was with a light green cock bird since last week and all was going good but he must of decided he didn't fancy her last night or this morning and attacked her. I think she will be alright though as she doesn't seem in shock as the other hen but her head looks worse. The cock bird is the partner of the hen above and he seems he doesn't like yellow hens. a couple of weeks ago he was with another yellow hen and I caught him attacking her, he would jump from the perch have a nip and jump up again so I quickly took him out.

birds21stJuly2011004.jpg

The funny thing is that I grabbed the nasty boy out and chucked him in with another cock in a holding cage and next to that cage was a light green hen in a holding cage, well they were trying to get to each other through the wire so I put them both in a breeding cage and they took to each other straight away. Who says birds don't have there own fancy. I have worked out that this boy does not like yellow hens.

he they are light green pair that chose themselves. The they are both well bred so I am hoping for something good, fingers crossed.

birds21stJuly2011009.jpg

• Member ID:  4,737
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Achievement Points:  28,240
  • Birthday:  08/09/1973

yes well i have a really nice albino cock bird 06 boy that every time i put him to anything they attack and try kill him :( poor boy no one loves him so im going to let a hen pick him in flights and just toss them together as he really is nice they just hate him 4 times now ive saved him he is a bit of a sooky lar lar but 4 times maybe hes a real **** to the ladys lol in bird :)

splat if you put them together you may strengthen the fact that they have short masks in the chicks or is it just the shot that makes them look short

• Member ID:  3,340
  • Topic Count:  202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,891
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  27,770
  • Birthday:  13/05/1958

Yes Gb I noticed that too but it is the photo, the way I took it, trying to use a the new camera, you know me I have that big SLR nikon and I at long last got my canon Ixus 105 and am still trying to work out how to use it, besides making my birds look worse, the photos are all blurry and and they all look faded. lol.

That hen won best pair in show at the Riverina, so she can't be to bad. But the photo makes her look awful. She has more hen than that too but she was holding it tight, nervous of me taking the photo I guess,lol.

Anyway I will see what happens, these 2 chicks are hers from another cock.

birds21stJuly2011040.jpg

birds21stJuly2011026.jpg

Actually this is dad

birds21stJuly2011017.jpg

and these too are from the grey hen above and the light green cock.

babiesJuly2011009.jpg

babiesJuly2011007.jpg

one hen one cock, they look better now as they are older.

• Member ID:  6,337
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  507
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  3,360
  • Birthday:  22/09/1995

Thats nasty, oh well at least all found hapiness except the poor albino