Maddie

Worming Info

I have had Maddie since January this year after rescueing her from attacking crows. I have never wormed her. Are there any budgie experts out there to advise me if I should worm her? 2 people I've talked to have said "yes", another bird owner has said "no, not if she isn't in contact with other birds".

If I do worm her, could you advise the best brand wormer that I can purchase (I've been told that some wormer supplied by pet stores are a waste of time & money).

Hope I can get some expert replies - thanks in advance! :rolleyes:

I have had Maddie since January this year after rescueing her from attacking crows. I have never wormed her. Are there any budgie experts out there to advise me if I should worm her? 2 people I've talked to have said "yes", another bird owner has said "no, not if she isn't in contact with other birds".

If I do worm her, could you advise the best brand wormer that I can purchase (I've been told that some wormer supplied by pet stores are a waste of time & money).

Hello Maddie,when in doubt about your birds health,just take a sample of it's droppings to a vet,they will analyze the droppings and give you any appropriate medication .

Hello Maddie,when in doubt about your birds health,just take a sample of it's droppings to a vet,they will analyze the droppings and give you any appropriate medication .

Thanks for your reply. Maddie is chirping & as bright as a button & I don't think for a minute that she is ill. I just don't know if I should be worming her or not, as I am getting different opinions. I also don't know what wormer brand is best. As stated previously, I read where some pet store wormers are a waste of time.

My vet recommmended WORMOUT GEL and I think that can be bought in pet stores. The only thing I dont like about it is it goes off quicker than a liquid does and you end up throwing it out and its a waste.

My vet recommmended WORMOUT GEL and I think that can be bought in pet stores. The only thing I dont like about it is it goes off quicker than a liquid does and you end up throwing it out and its a waste.

Budgies hate the taste of Wormout Gel

Budgies hate the taste of Wormout Gel

Good to know. I gave it to my husband for his parrots :D

There are a number of over the counter bird wormers available. Go check out a good pet store.

You should probably worm her as she had outside contact prior to coming to you and I assume that at some time she was with other budgies. Then you can probably forget about it for a long while if she is not in contact with other birds.