splat

A New Venture

Last night our club held our selling Auctions, which meant that more experienced breeders for example open and champion breeders brought along quality birds mainly for beginners and intermediate to buy, prices were on the back on the cages ranging from $20. to $100.

Beginner and Intermediates could of brought some too but I had none left to take.

Anyway there were 5 beginners and intermediates that chose their numbers first including me then the opens and champion breeders chose their numbers.

Rats! I got number 4 so I had to patently wait my turn because there was a dilute hen there bred to the line I am working and gee was she nice, even the opens and champion breeders wanted her,

Anyway Brad went first and he chose the bird I chose as second an Alan Rowe bloodline light green cock and boy was he nice only $25.00 what a bargain, Then David went in he chose the hen I planned on getting because it was a 100% watson breeding and she was grey which is what I needed but she was very heavy flecked and I new Greg would kill me If I bought home a heavy flecked bird, she was $50.00.

Mind you I am not to bring home any birds the moment but I couldn't help myself...

BUT still I wanted the dilute

Anyway then it was June turn to go and gee did I panic because i eyed off this bird as a baby anyway I was nervous and I couldn't believe it June chose this very ordinary spangle and it was only $15.00 which was under the price that they were meant to be.

And at long last my go and off I went graped my pretty girl she is the blue series "pics later" too hot at the moment., then I think the champs and open had there go and then it was our go again but by the time it got to me there was not much left worth buying as my birds are better at home but there was a sister to the light green cock from above and I wouldn't of minded getting her but we all needed to take our turn, My dilute was only $50.00 no one charged more than that which was great because we were sure they would of been the maximum price. Specially my dilute the breeder would of got $100.00 at his place.

Anyway the same breeder brought along some old birds which were top birds once so the same went again I got a yellow face cock 05 ring and a Grey hen 07 which is young .

So in all I came home with 3 birds and Greg doesn't know yet ;)

But these 3 birds are all line bred to what I have so it should be great there was another yellow face cock there 04 ring I was going to chose him next round but Gary graped him, He had better features than mine but the breeder told that he had bred some really good bird from the one I got and they were free, TAKE YOUR CHANCE you could get one good bird then it would be all worth it the breeder said.

My hen the Grey 3 is slightly flecked and she had a question mark for fertility but it is still worth trying :)

Edited by splat

Good on you buddy ;) I look forward to your photos. Sounds like you had some fun and wins amongst the anxiety of waiting your turn. Been there done that with that system where you take turns......can make the old heart thump a little in anticipation.

yeah i think thats a good idea

i hope our club does something like that

i know they were talking about something but i dont think it was that same thing

but sounds like you did good splat

congrats on the birds that you got ;) I won't tell Greg if you don't tell him :) lol

I told him when he got home from work he had a look but because it's that hot he needs to wait and see what they look like but I think he like them anyway I told I was very happy with my purchace of my dilute and he actally said good :) .

I am now researching on breeding clear wings because that's my plan ;)

I told him when he got home from work he had a look but because it's that hot he needs to wait and see what they look like but I think he like them anyway I told I was very happy with my purchace of my dilute and he actally said good :D .

I am now researching on breeding clear wings because that's my plan ;)

Yeah! Another Clearwing breeder!!!! :)

Hopefully ;)