• Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Achievement Points:  28,240
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/09/1973

well its been a year since my very first breed albino hens in feb :)

and finally my wait is over

and i will be able to commence breeding them

i have already breed 5 split cocks all grey normals with my albino cock from 09

he had 3 albino hens and 7 grey cocks

he was breed with a grey hen so all binos will be grey as hes masking grey and thankfully not cinnamon or Opaline :wub::)

his full sister are now as i started above ready to breed in coming months

and i intend to breed them with birds from the same stud as their father

so first parring i will do is ...... albino hen best of the three to father , i want to do this parring to instill the face and length of body in this line of birds

so i will get all inos from this pairing

second hen also ino second best out of three to the fathers full brother hes a grey/ino/cinnamon/opaline

he is better than his brother so will be instilling the same things to her i hope she has a better structure than him very stocky so hope i can put that into the chicks as well as the length with this pairing

third hen also bino hen will be put to my o6 / ino /cinnamon/opaline cock bird he has everything she needs and his chicks talk for themselfs

im sure he is an uncle to the two full brothers but even if not from same stud with all the same things im after inputting

then i have a skyblue / ino a cousin to the full brothers so he will go to a big grey normal hen that i breed from a grey normal/ nothing cock bird from the same breeder

she has everything but the length he has and he has that both with good direction and head hold

i have at moment a grey green cinnamon spangle 07 boy gda bird down with a cinnamon skyblue opaline albino hen breed from the grey /ino/cin/opaline full brother to ino

she is beautiful exept the colouring so im going to just use her for fetchers they are a amazing pair 4 eggs so fingers crossed as this is her first clutch and first time ive used this older but beautiful cock

i will put picture up when i actually pair them up in a few months times

but what i want to know is should i do father daughter she is very very very god hen with everything he has just as good as him and hes look im wanting it this the right way to do it :}

ive hear it is

• Member ID:  6,232
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  805

Good to hear GB. Look forward to seeing some photos.

• Member ID:  4,879
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  974
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Achievement Points:  5,370

Do it GB, it is the quickest way to fix in the good properties as well as flush out any bad ones that may have otherwise cropped up later in the line (father daughter pairing I mean).

Edited by Dean_NZ

• Member ID:  4,737

Do it GB, it is the quickest way to fix in the good properties as well as flush out any bad ones that may have otherwise cropped up later in the line (father daughter pairing I mean).

thank you dean

so by pairing dad to daughter ( provided the daughter is as good or better than dad )

will be good regardless in my position as im either going to improve and instill what i want

or im going to cull the lot and never pair dad to her again :}

okay dean what if i put the lesser daughter with him

shes got the good body and (shoulders... something hes missing but ,she doesnt have his head she got her mothers head she still has the ability to hold her frontal its just her head looks like a witch doctor took a liking to shrink it would this

a,... improve her head quality's as the father has them instilled quiet strongly

or

b,.. take me backwards would the fact that she has the big head genetics hidden come out by doing this

or am i just strengthen this trait by having the chicks come out with passably dads head and improving them visually but ... genetically instilling the small head genetic

or would these chicks be fine so long as always crossed out to very good headed birds in future

hope that all makes sence to you :} as its this bit im really not sure i get :{

The hardest thing about breeding is that there are undoubtedly dominant, partial dominant, recessive and sex linked genes responsible for all sorts of different aspects of a birds phenotype (look). You say that one of the daughters got 'her mums head'. Perhaps the head size or feathering of the cock are a recessive feature and the hens smaller head was dominant, or at least dominant to the cock. So one could say the hen is small head split for big head and pairing her back to the big head father should give you 50% offspring with the fathers head once again. As for the shoulder and other qualities it is also a numbers game, the more chicks you produce the more ruthless you can cull and breed forward only the better stock.

Anyone who does or has linebred/inbred will tell you it floats the cream AND the **** to the top very quickly! Ruthless culling/selection is paramount in such a breeding program. Remember also that inbreeding/linebreeding also affects factors such as fertility so be very careful about monitoring that and know when to introduce a outcross (his brother would be a good outcross seeing as he is better than the cock you are basing a large progeny off).

The hardest thing about breeding is that there are undoubtedly dominant, partial dominant, recessive and sex linked genes responsible for all sorts of different aspects of a birds phenotype (look). You say that one of the daughters got 'her mums head'. Perhaps the head size or feathering of the cock are a recessive feature and the hens smaller head was dominant, or at least dominant to the cock. So one could say the hen is small head split for big head and pairing her back to the big head father should give you 50% offspring with the fathers head once again. As for the shoulder and other qualities it is also a numbers game, the more chicks you produce the more ruthless you can cull and breed forward only the better stock.

Anyone who does or has linebred/inbred will tell you it floats the cream AND the **** to the top very quickly! Ruthless culling/selection is paramount in such a breeding program. Remember also that inbreeding/linebreeding also affects factors such as fertility so be very careful about monitoring that and know when to introduce a outcross (his brother would be a good outcross seeing as he is better than the cock you are basing a large progeny off).

yep i realize i must be careful why i decided to try it now in my first breed hens rather than wait im still not to serious with showing and rather experiment with producing the goods and show it off later if i succeed and have a more reliably stud of good birds being breed constantly yes i am going to only ever out cross to the on breeders stud as its the stud of my choice to use his birds to me are very nice and win or not id be happy n contented to just breed mine to his standards obviously im trying to add a little bit of a difference to the birds but not really a huge one not yet not till i play for a few years n get my bearings with it all genetically

took me almost 8 years to get where i was happy with my pets so i dont expect it to be a quick venture but i do want to get it right for me before i go showing much

I will be doing the same thing with the line I am starting so it will be good to have your own experience to put with mine and see if we both get ahead or both have difficulties with such pairings.

I will be doing the same thing with the line I am starting so it will be good to have your own experience to put with mine and see if we both get ahead or both have difficulties with such pairings.

well i was given some very useful info from a breeder on my fb if you have a fb tell me and ill pass on the info its very easy put and handy to know all you need to know about line / inbreeding i got it yesterday :} even a e mail address i can send it to you

• Member ID:  3,340
  • Topic Count:  202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,891
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  27,770
  • Birthday:  13/05/1958

Look forward to see how this years young breed for you Gb, Last years look really good.

What is a Fb?

Look forward to see how this years young breed for you Gb, Last years look really good.

What is a Fb?

sorry my face book page i was given a e book on line breeding

thanks splat i think ive had some really good chicks but i still think that the passed months i didnt cull my chicks hard enough as when i look in my flight im still seeing birds id cull if i wasnt letting them stay for 18 months see how they grow

personally i am tempted to go back to just culling anything that i feel isnt going to make the grade but im seeing if its worth keeping birds so far only the ones i thought were good and would be good when grown a bit have been the others are still in my eyes just not their but i will wait and see a bit longer before culling them out

im positive i know what i want so dont see point in holding stock incase it turns out good i see it as the good ones only get better but i know smaller birds are sometimes the better ones so i dont just keep big birds i keep birds i feel are carrying or have the desired look or trates i m after will be interesting to see how things go

• Member ID:  3,340
  • Topic Count:  202
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,891
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  27,770
  • Birthday:  13/05/1958

Yes I am culling soon but I didn't breed that many last year. I have more purple rings than blue rings and you can't show purple rings until 2012 and that sucks because the purple ringers are much better than the blue ringers.

But the way I see it if they haven't got that width of head, feather, chest and shoulder as young birds, I really don't think they will ever get it. (SO mine get culled).

Still coming for a drive one day.

Can you send me that ebook on line breeding too please, might be interesting.

Cheers

Yes I am culling soon but I didn't breed that many last year. I have more purple rings than blue rings and you can't show purple rings until 2012 and that sucks because the purple ringers are much better than the blue ringers.

But the way I see it if they haven't got that width of head, feather, chest and shoulder as young birds, I really don't think they will ever get it. (SO mine get culled).

Still coming for a drive one day.

Can you send me that ebook on line breeding too please, might be interesting.

Cheers

yes i can mate and love to see you :}