Close friends

Guest Luckys Gal

Guest Luckys Gal

to me my budgies are family...i know every single one by name and breeding. I have a better relationship/bond with some more than others say lucky the baby i hand reared that had tonnes of lives, (Laughing out loud).

This is how much of a bond we have,

I go out the back door and he flies onto the wire of the avairy, then i go in and he is on my head staright away, then i get him on my finger and i say kiss kiss and he starts nibbling my lips not hurting one bit, then he starts preaning my eye brows and lashes, then when he thinks he has done enough he puts his head down as if to say i preaned u now its my turn so i scratch his head and he goes straight to sleep.

if anything happened to him i would be divestated *spelling*

how much of a bond do u have with your budgies?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Birdman

It's really nice to have a good bond with your birds (or any other pets). I have one chick at the moment which bailed out of the nest box very much too early. It was durin a very hot spell of weather, and it chose to stay out of the box. I had to put a low perch on the floor so it could ground feed or return to perch when it wanted. At night it prefers to perch high up and will always accept a lift from me. It has been on the floor for a week now and still has no tail or flight feathers. It looks like a little quail running around on the floor all the time!!!! :D

Birdman.

Guest Luckys Gal

thats pretty cool birdman, i can imagine a quail type budgie, hehehe!

i have 2 male king quails at the moment! pretty cute things when they are babies though! :D

Guest Luckys Gal

i only no how to tell on king quails...the males have a bib like marking on their neck/throat! n the females dont oh and i think the females have brown eyes n the males have red! :(

Guest TriciaLL

Clint............. The bird that is crowing is a ****. However I'm surprised the hen isn't laying yet. Are you feeding them chick pellets or seed?

• 2 months later...

• Member ID:  117
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  417
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  4,380
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  15/06/1962

i just adore my little yellow budgie. he's called teapot, and he can talk and sing a song. sometimes he can be a grump, but not often. usually he nibbles at my face, lips, nose so gently, and i can even feel his tiny sweet breaths on my face. i always let him out of his cage when im in he room, tho he often just goes and sits on top of it, but the freedom to fly is there if he wants it. i just love hime to bits x

Edited by Rainbow