building an Aviarie for my bedroom

Guest jack&ben

Guest jack&ben

My mum doesn't really like the idear of an aviarie because she will have to clean it and it will take up lots of time.

I've been searching around quite alot and was wondering about the best way to build an aviarie to go indoors and the best materials to use, i want one in my bedroom so i know that i won't forget to clean and look after them.

Hopefully this will convince my mum to let me but could you post some info and web sites please.

And also if i wanted to go on holiday for a week would they be albe to take care of them self and when i come back have a major clean and if i'm away for more then a week would it be best to ask my nan to clean them every week or so???

Edited by jack&ben
Guest Karens lot

Hi,

I have concerns about your post, firstly it's your mums house so she will have a major say in whether or not you get an avairy, especially in your bedroom! Why don't you show her how responsible you are by having them in a cage and cleaning them out in that for starters. If you can't remember or be bothered to clean them out or indeed possibly fed them then you need to address this issue first, they are living breathing things that require you to care for the very basic necessities of life like food , water, warmth and good hygiene, put yourself it their position.

How can you think about going away for a week, hoping they will be okay on your return, they need daily care and before you go anywhere you need to make sure someone reliable is going to help them.

Hope this doesn't sound too harsh, especially as I do not know your age, but a pet is for life and you have reponsibilities as soon as you become a pet owner.

Edited by Karens lot
Guest jack&ben

yup, mums decided she is going to get an avairy in the back garden for my christmas pressy so that's out of the way and we already have loads of easy cleaning (tips for grand-dad ex budgie breeder) all i need to is go out and spray the floor that all clean and blow the husks away then give a good old wash every week :wacko:

• 2 months later...

• Member ID:  1
  • Group:  Root Administrators
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  610
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  5,352
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  28/01/1990

In your Bedroom?

My!

How could you do such a thing?

The filth would be huge!!!

+ Birds to attact mice and other rodents.

Guest jack&ben
:unsure: i was Desperate to get an aviary and to start breeding birds so i was trying ever single idea that i found but now it's christmas and what do you know i have an aviary in my garden. :D:D:D:D
Guest jack&ben

Sure, but i can't do that right now because i need to get the birds from a breeder and and 30 min trip isn't really good for chirstmas day :D although i will when i am happy with how the birds are and where they are sure about their home guess you will have to wait for that :unsure: