• Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  25,294
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Achievement Points:  152,977
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/01/1956

Goes without saying Nerwen :)

Latest news in the aviary is that Buddha flies everywhere now. Bao is lonely on the ground without her mate Buddha...her flying lessons are taking longer to grasp. But Scooter has a bruised wing and is ground level mostly right now so Bao has company. A new baby to Ciara so she has five and all doing well.

Here's the latest photos from Misty and Chucky's nestbox...two the same are looking a bit like the Mother in the pale coloured wings but body colour ( on the eldest ) is coming out pale blue or mauve. Second eldest baby seems to be a yellow face cobalt normal so far and youngest baby colouring up like the eldest ( with same wings colours so far).

Eldest baby ( youngest seems same colour ) JULY130x.jpg36bb4527.jpgJULY136x.jpg

Old photo of parents 222003.jpg

JULY134x.jpg

Latest head count on babies in the aviary is....Ciara 5, Bloo 4, Butter 1, Shiloh 2, Spice 1, Kaya 4,

Izzy 3 or 4, Misty 3...........plus eggs all round.

Edited by Bubbles
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member ID:  1,976
  • Group:  Site Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  521

The reason Bao isnt flying yet I have just discovered is she only has a couple of primary flight feathers thus far :)

***************Kayas four babies

JULY184x.jpgJULY009x.jpg

and brothers Zeuss and Buddha taken today JULY170x.jpg

• Member ID:  2,155
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,162
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  7,840

aww, look at all those babies!!! How cute!!

I can see a cinnamon baby coming through there in Kaya's bunch.. how beautiful!!! :)

I can see a cinnamon baby coming through there in Kaya's bunch.. how beautiful!!! :)

So that makes that cinnamon baby a girl right ? Kaya's partner is a YF2 spangle boy.

All your budgies are such got looks :D I do like this topic and check it every day for updates - keep them coming :)

Thanks for that... it's fun to run updates everyday as its part of checking the aviary 3 to 4 times a day anyway. Cheers Karen :D

• Member ID:  1,641
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  15,350
  • Content Per Day:  2.23
  • Achievement Points:  99,335

I love how mama bird is protective with her wing over her babies :) the brothers pictures is priceless.

I love how mama bird is protective with her wing over her babies ^_^ the brothers pictures is priceless.

Kaya always puts her wing over the bubbies and bring them in close to keep warm. She's a very, very good mother too. Zeuss and Buddha are the best of mates. Actually Buddha has a really lovely nature. Would have been a good indoors bird. Seeing him fly is magic too...he is so big that the wings outstretched in full flight look nearly angelic....beautiful. :D

I can see a cinnamon baby coming through there in Kaya's bunch.. how beautiful!!! ^_^

So that makes that cinnamon baby a girl right ? Kaya's partner is a YF2 spangle boy.

Well that depends on if the father is split to Cinnamon or not. If you know that he's really NOT split for cinnamon, then yes, the baby is a girl! :D

• Member ID:  2,496
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  290

Firstly let me say this is a fantastic idea Bubbles. I'll be following the babies with interest.

Secondly, I want Bao. So gorgeous. I'm in love, sorry hubby, aaw. I'm kinda used to birds with difficulties. I have one ringneck who only has one foot and another one with skeletal deformity so she crashes rather then flies. The 3rd just has social issues.

Did I mention I love Bao?

^_^

Firstly let me say this is a fantastic idea Bubbles. I'll be following the babies with interest.

Secondly, I want Bao. So gorgeous. I'm in love, sorry hubby, aaw. I'm kinda used to birds with difficulties. I have one ringneck who only has one foot and another one with skeletal deformity so she crashes rather then flies. The 3rd just has social issues.

Did I mention I love Bao?

:D

Thanks, I am enjoying adding to it like a diary. Bao is a cutie. Every evening I go in and "put the babies to bed" ( on a perch in the sheltered end ) so they dont get caught out in the cold or rain......tonight I didnt get in there as early......but Bao figured out she had to toddle down to the end of the aviary in the sheltered area and was climbing up the wall to put herself on the perch that is her "bed" .......smart bird ^_^

Bao, is, apart from gorgeous, all MINE! ^_^: She is even sweeter in the 'feather' so to speak :D I was soooo in love with her, I spent most of my time there staring at her! :)

okay, seriously for a second Lin, are you going to become mum to Bao? If so I've got the perfect thing for her. Meanwhile I'll just go sulk in my corner. ^_^

Bao, is, apart from gorgeous, all MINE! ^_^: She is even sweeter in the 'feather' so to speak :D I was soooo in love with her, I spent most of my time there staring at her! :)

You can come visit anytime Lin ( Godmother to Bao ) ...........hows Punky doing ?

Edited by Bubbles

(Laughing out loud)... I think Lin will have to be happy with her 'godmother' role to Bao, because I don't think Karen is giving her away for adoption... ^_^

Hey Lin, let us know when you wanna go visit.. I'll see if I can come and join ya for a little 'budgie fix' trip. :D

(Laughing out loud)... I think Lin will have to be happy with her 'godmother' role to Bao, because I don't think Karen is giving her away for adoption... :D

Hey Lin, let us know when you wanna go visit.. I'll see if I can come and join ya for a little 'budgie fix' trip. :)

If I go back I will STEAL Bao ^_^ I need to visit sometime in August, Karen will let you know when, as she is picking up some tiels for me. Will probably be a Saturday, as I have to work the odd Sunday now.

LOL... I think Lin will have to be happy with her 'godmother' role to Bao, because I don't think Karen is giving her away for adoption... :D

Hey Lin, let us know when you wanna go visit.. I'll see if I can come and join ya for a little 'budgie fix' trip. :)

Have lots of warm pink bubby budgies to cuddle

:D

LOL... I think Lin will have to be happy with her 'godmother' role to Bao, because I don't think Karen is giving her away for adoption... :)

If I go back I will STEAL Bao ^_^ I need to visit sometime in August, Karen will let you know when, as she is picking up some tiels for me. Will probably be a Saturday, as I have to work the odd Sunday now.

Yes....my old Dad is getting too old to care for his tiels anymore and Lin is taking them. Fourteen I think with some cinnamons too. Dad cuts himself when he gets around the aviary now and at 77, diabetic and on blood thinning drugs he cant afford to be doing that anymore. Bao wouldnt be too hard to steal Lin, ....she can only run so fast. :D

(Laughing out loud)... I think Lin will have to be happy with her 'godmother' role to Bao, because I don't think Karen is giving her away for adoption... :D

Oh August... could be a problem then.. pending when in August. I am leaving 6th of August (Sunday) to head to Singapore then to Penang for a month!!

Bao wouldnt be too hard to steal Lin, ....she can only run so fast.

Yeah, but how easy is it to run past Bao's mommy to get to the car I wonder... hey Lin, may be if I distract Bao's mommy while you sneak away into your car?? would that work you think?? :)

Edited by Cheeta

Just thought I'd mention, still sulking. How can one little budgie do this to us? Aah!! Oh well no worries about me stealing Bao thanks to the Nullabor!! ^_^

^_^:D:) Oh, that's right, your off on some strange thing called a holiday! How about if we meet up the weekend before - I'll bring a very fast car, and some handcuffs to cuff Karen and Ken to the aviary whilst I whisk away Bao to my house :):):D

^_^:D:) Oh, that's right, your off on some strange thing called a holiday! How about if we meet up the weekend before - I'll bring a very fast car, and some handcuffs to cuff Karen and Ken to the aviary whilst I whisk away Bao to my house :):):D

We need birdsitters the weekend before so we can go visit my Dad. :D Lin ??? Cheeta ???

I can pop up and feed them (minus the bird that will go missing ^_^ ) if you need, but can't stay - my Dad is too ill. Let me know what you need :D

I can pop up and feed them (minus the bird that will go missing ^_^ ) if you need, but can't stay - my Dad is too ill. Let me know what you need :D

Thanks :angel1: but way too far for you to come each day.....I will think of something. :)

Yeah I'm thinking I can pop in to feed them, but i can't stay really either. I have my flock to look after as well.. ^_^

Lin, a fast car sounds great to me... oh and the handcuffs too.. (Laughing out loud)

***UPDATE*** on Amara the missing violet opaline girl who was found again. She is nesting behind some brushwood fencing attached to the inside of the aviary. Amara went missing over a week ago and we found her eventually when she came out from behind the brush fencing. She has eggs and or babies down there. Her partner Merlin shimmies up and down the fencing to feed her. We know where she is but cant see her at the moment. Need a strong torch to look. If she has babies down there (ground level) we may not see them till they are old enough and figure out how to get out of there like their parents. ^_^

Amara aviaries2019x.jpg

Merlin budgiesjan100.jpg (These are old photos)

Edited by Bubbles