B

• Budgie of the Month & Other Competitions
    Budgie of the Month On going monthly competition where all members can enter their cutest budgie picture.  Rules:  All photo's submitted must be resized to 640x480 ...
  • Budgerigars Profile
    Glacier Budgerigar (Melopsittacus Undulatus)Family: ParrotOrigin: Inland regions of AustraliaSize: Native – 180mm including 95mm tailShow – 220mm including tail up to 240mm Description: The name budgerigar is ...
  • Budgies life expectancy?
    On average budgies can live anything from  10 - 15 years. Very occasionally, budgies have been known to live well into their teens.  Whether it be in a ...
  • Budgie colds
    Birds are susceptible to an avian cold virus. If not treated the condition could develop into another condition, especially pneumonia. They can not catch a ...
  • Bumblefoot
    1. What is "Bumblefoot"?"Bumblefoot" is a common term for inflammation or infection of the weight-bearing surface of the foot. "Bumblefoot" is a form of pododermatitis ...
  • Beak Care
    The beak is a multipurpose instrument used for eating, preening, grasping, climbing (like a third foot), self-defense, touching, playing and communication. It is capable of ...
  • Budgie First Aide Kit
    Everyone should always have a first aide kit available and ready to use incase of emergency this is what is recommended that you should always ...
  • Building Hospital Cage
    Do I need a hospital cage:  You can make one up as an emergency thing by just using a warm lamp outside a small cage ...
  • Budgerigar Quarantine Program
    Here is the quarantine practices most show breeeders use BUDGERIGAR QUARANTINE PROGRAMThe following list outlines the steps that should be taken to safely and effectively ...
  • Budgie Skeleton
    budgie skeleton ...
  • Budgie Body Parts
  • Budgie Food/Diet
    Food and NutritionWhat should my budgie eat? It is very important to remember that a budgie on an all-seed diet is not getting the nutrition he/she ...
  • Basic Guide to Mutation Expectations
    Dominant Mating Table Dominant Varieties: Normal Green, Yellowface, Spangle, Dominant Pied, Grey, Clearflight, Violet. Single Factor X Normal = 50% Single Factor = 50% Normal Single Factor X Single ...
  • Breeding Age
    Both males and females should be at least 1 year old before being bred.Some breeders even recommend waiting until at least 15 months. They are ...
  • Breeding Budgies - What do I need?
    Before you make the decision to breed your budgies you need to ask yourself some questions: have you thoroughly researched what you're getting intodo you have ...
  • Building a Nesting Box
    Nest Box Plans - These are a full size version of the Nest Boxes I use. I haven't included the concave as you can decide ...
  • Budgie Milestones
    BABY BUDGERIGAR MILESTONES By Betty Rea (permission given to Kaz to post on the site) When I first began breeding I was amazed at the way ...
  • Baby Budgie Crop and What it Should Look Like
    The crop is a sack where the birds food is stored before it is processed by the gizzard. All birds have a crop and its ...
  • Bird Bars
    BIRD BARS Ingredients 3 ounces uncooked quick oats 3 ounces TOTAL other cereals: - Shredded wheat crumbled - Grapenut cereal 1 cup evaporated skim milk 1 cup ...
  • Bird Bread
    BIRD BREAD RECIPE Ingredients 2 Cups finely ground pellets 1 Very ripe banana 1/3 Cup wheat germ oil 1/3 Cup vegetable oil 6 Large eggs 2 Heaping ...
  • Budgie Brownies
    BUDGIE BROWNIES 1 cup cornmeal 1 tsp. finely ground cuttlebone 1 cup hulled millet 2 tbsp. liquid honey 1/4 cup whole wheat flour 2 eggs 2 ...
  • Birdie Cereal
    Birdie Breakfast Cereal 1/4 cup instant oatmeal 1 tablespoon peanut butter 1/4 cup chopped fruit (your choice) Add the oatmeal to a small, microwave-safe bowl. Then add just enough ...
  • Birdluv Beak Appetite
    A couple of weeks ago, l bought some beak appetit for my budgies and l thought that instead of buying this product for them why ...
  • Best type of cage for a budgie
    Square or rectangular cages are best as they provide the most usable space for the budgie and make arranging the perches in a suitable way ...
  • Breeding Cage Size/Dimensions
    Budgerigars prefer as much room to exercise as possible. Available space will dictate the size of the breeding cage.Commercially manufactured Breeding Cages range between 12 ...
  • Building a Hospital Cage
    Do I need a hospital cage: You can make one up as an emergency thing by just using a warm lamp outside a small cage ...